Some of the gear mostly collecting dust over the last four years...Korg DSS-1
- the second synth I bought - and still my favorite for some odd, bizarre reason. It's a sampler, but not a good one... it's real stength is it's filter and ability to sound like a fat analogish synth. I also think I love it just because I've had it so long (since about 1987 or so...). It weighs way too much (70 lbs? - I can't remember - stupidly awkward to move and heavy). I have a great manfrotto keyboard stand that Korg was actually sending to the stores at the time they came out because they could support the weight. Korg SDD-1200
- this is a digital delay unit from around '87/88ish. No memory. It's a dual delay and is fantastic for creating feedback... I think I've used it more as a feedback device or the last 20 years than anything else. If there's one piece of gear that I'd say you'd find in almost everything I've written - this is it...Synthesizers.com Modular
- My most recent addition to the studio - bought it a couple years ago. It's a 22 space unit -you can see the modules I have loaded in this mock up: http://www.johei.com/albums/modular/22_module_layout_final.jpgRoland Juno 106
- I bought this in the late 80's... I love how this can cut through almost anything.Sequential Prophet 600
- Fatter and grainier than the Juno - they make a great pair. Yamaha TG33
- I wanted something from the fm family and picked this up from a friend a few years back. Still haven't really used it much.