I can't wait until the end of December to do this, so why not now?! I like reading others' best of lists as I invariably discover stuff I missed that I should investigate. Anyways, here are my ten best of 2010 (subject to editing in the next two months!):
(in no particular order)
1) Concert Silence (Infraction) This is a beautiful and haunting album with great use of sound manipulation.
2) Pjusk-Sval (12k) What's not to love about this awesome Biosphere-like duo? Ultra ethereal Nordic soundscapes abound.
3) David Sylvian-Sleepwalkers (Samadhi Sound) Even though this is a comp. with some previously unreleased tracks, I found myself thoroughly enchanted, with a new-found appreciation for Sylvian's current phase of experimentalism.
4) Taylor Deupree-Shoals (12k) I agree with some other reviewers that this disc is his best to date.
5) Steve Roach/Mark Seelig-Nightbloom (Projekt) Roach makes the list again (surprise!)
6) Steve Tibbetts-Natural Causes (ECM) Aural magic.
7) Arc-Church (DiN) More Berlin School perfection from two masters of EM.
James McDougall-Dispossession of Periphery (Mystery Sea) Mysterious and essential drone zones.
9) Ben Fleury-Steiner-Keep a Weather Eye Open (Infraction) Mesmerizing ghostly infractions.
10) Solo Andata (12k) Did this come out in 2010 or 2009? Who cares, it's awesome!