Author Topic: Saul Stokes - Vast Remixes  (Read 4270 times)

1000snakes

• View Profile
Saul Stokes - Vast Remixes
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
  I have been listening to some of Saul Stokes music on my iPod during my morning walks in anticipation of the release of "Villa Galaxia". As I was scrolling through the selections I came across 3 forgotten pieces that were part of the "Vast" remix project. Pete Kelly "remixed" "Chrome Garden"", Masse/Memoire did "Lighthaus" and APK as TCR produced "Adrift", although I don't recall what Stokes piece he referenced. They are all wonderful! I was wondering whatever became of this project. Saul was supposed to have circulated several discs with his files on them for interested parties but these three pieces are the only ones that seemed to have surfaced. There is no mention of the project on Saul's website and all previous Hypnos Forum discussion was lost in the "Big Crash" way back when. Anybody have anything to share?
Peace, Kirk   

deepspace

• View Profile
    • deepspace home page
Re: Saul Stokes - Vast Remixes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:53:12 AM »
I got Villa Galaxia last night, and I am enjoying it- I haven't given it a proper listen yet, but I'm enjoying what I'm hearing so far.  He's always full of surprises, and this record has already put a few smiles on my face.  Good stuff.
Listen to deepspace here: http://deepspacehome.com

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: Saul Stokes - Vast Remixes
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:11:15 AM »
Hi Kirk

From what I remember, Saul originally posted the idea on the old forum in December 2005
He sent out DVDs of all the source sounds used in each track from his 'Vast' album.
I got 'Chrome Garden', which I sent on to another artist as this was part of Saul's idea.

I think in the end, only APK and myself actually finished the reworks. My rework took me a Long time to do
as I incorporated versions of Saul's beats and worked in a very different way to the way I usually do. It
was a very interesting project though, I was quite pleased with my rework and I learned a lot in the
process. Saul seemed to like it too !

Kahvi released a mini-ep including the remix I did here:
http://www.kahvi.org/releases.php?release_number=209

cheers
Pete