Author Topic: New Grassow on Nextera?  (Read 2531 times)

drone on

• View Profile
New Grassow on Nextera?
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
Anyone have "Inner Path," a new Nextera release by Mathias Grassow and another (unknown to me) artist?  I notice Soleilmoon has it but Ye Olde Hypnos store does not.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Re: New Grassow on Nextera?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:17:28 PM »
As always with Grassow, one should be aware that he release a lot of quantity music, but he have maid many quality albums for sure..I will try to find this album..

Ferngerms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »
In all honesty the album is nothing special amongst his vast catalog.  But if you are a dedicated fan like me then don't think twice and pick it up.  If you want to sample it check out www.databloem.com they have good 2 min length samples although they failed to sample what I would have considered to be the best cut on the album: Track 3.  You can also check out two other releases a new one from Mathias Grassow and Thomas Weiss - Quiet Calling and another that I would personally recommend Wintersilence - Transmission Fields - Weird Amplexus (although Databloem lists this release under Mathias Grassow I believe it should actually be listed under Wintersilence). Anyhow the later album is something a bit different and unexpected from Mathias Grassow.

Fern

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »
Thanx for the info., however I thought that Wintersilence was bloody awful!

Ferngerms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:50:37 PM »
Thanx for the info., however I thought that Wintersilence was bloody awful!

Ha Ha!  When I first heard Wintersilence I felt the same way but in time the release grew on me.  I learned that what I could not stand about the album was that it was nothing like "Expanding Horizons" and "Holy Domain" which preceded the release.  Nontheless "Wintersilence" would eventually win me over in time.  The same thing has occured to me with the albums from Steve Roach(Midnight Moon and Trance Spirits) and Robert Rich(Seven Veils and Eleven Questions).

Fern

uhurit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
I really liked the Wintersilence album, and definitely would like to pick up Innerpath as well. I  just don't do business with Soleilmoon any more. These f--s charge an arm and a leg for shipping...turning it into profit. Hate that kind of shit!

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:48:15 AM »
Yep, its really annoying when a place hammers you for shipping.
I had the same trouble with Groove in Holland.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »
I'd recommend Dissolution. It is another that grows on you, it took  me some time (and a better stereo) to hear the subtleties in it. Others I enjoy are Sphere, True North, Space and Eclipse.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »
I think Expanding Horizon and Space is his best releases by far..