Author Topic: kenji siratori  (Read 8617 times)

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
Re: kenji siratori
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
And I really like Japanese beer, but haven't been able to determine if I like Asahi or Sapporo better. Perhaps another thread...

bunkdata

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »
Had to chime in on this one as well!

I was not familiar with the work of Kenji Siratori prior to his work with Exuviae, but I did do my research on him prior to releasing The Drug Embryo on Dark Winter.  It was obvious he was very prolific to the point of insanity but I kind of found it interesting that so many labels decided to release his works.  While many may not agree with his methods and approach, he seems to be very up front and direct, and it's not like he's pretending to be something/someone he's not (I love the post about him being a virus!).  His text works were very intriguing to me both from the stream of consciousness standpoint and from the layout and design side.  When Brooks matched this up with his soundscapes, treatments and imagery, I was very impressed with the package as a whole and very proud to release it as my 50th release on Dark Winter.  For me, it's not always about how many proverbial notches an artist has on their bedpost, but rather how the music/project sounds.  While I can't speak to the other Kenji related works out there (and there is MANY) I feel that the Exuviae/Kenji release is a most enjoyable listening experience and with that I would be interested in hearing more of his material based on this initial excursion...

Best,
Nathan

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
Rather than just die in a nursing home some day, I'd much rather disappear in a foreign country on a massive beer-drinking binge.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 03:29:49 PM »
Rather than just die in a nursing home some day, I'd much rather disappear in a foreign country on a massive beer-drinking binge.
uh, i've done that mike. it is nowhere near as much fun as it sounds.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
It's only fun if you end up presumed dead, and all kinds of people try to figure out if maybe you took on a new identify in that foreign country.  It's kind of Jim Morrison-like.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »
It's only fun if you end up presumed dead, and all kinds of people try to figure out if maybe you took on a new identify in that foreign country.  It's kind of Jim Morrison-like.
maybe that's what really happened to elvis?
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
I'm voting KENJI SIRATORI for president this election.  With his multi-faceted skills in writing, music, and persuasion, he will make a grand global leader.