Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: Exuviae & Kenji Siratori 傍he Drug Embryo  (Read 2668 times)

Exuviae

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE: Exuviae & Kenji Siratori 傍he Drug Embryo
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:54:38 AM »
NEW RELEASE: Exuviae & Kenji Siratori 傍he Drug Embryo

Now available for free download at www.darkwinter.com/dw050.html

In celebration of Dark Winter's 50th release, this dark and strange musical excursion comes complete with a full-color PDF booklet designed by Exuviae, and a bonus remix of the entire album in one track by Bunk Data.

While certainly not for everyone, this release is sure to please those who like their electronic music dark, bizarre and forward-thinking!

drone on

• View Profile
Re: NEW RELEASE: Exuviae & Kenji Siratori 傍he Drug Embryo
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
Uh oh, I feel some Kenji Siratori bashing coming on... (see KS topic) Well I loved Siratori's "Callous Cell" and I love Exuviae so will have to check this out.  Great artwork, BTW, love it!!

Exuviae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:03:23 AM »
Thanks Drone On!

Bashing = No such thing as "bad" press...IMHO...yep, saw that post!

.b

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 06:15:15 PM »
Awesome! This is sounding good. Was wondering about Kenji Siratori, is he a fluent English speaker? I've heard some vocals from him on other albums where I cannot tell if he is speaking in English or Japanese (perhaps it's both). I was curious as to whether his books are written originally in English or Japanese...

This album sounded like Sleep Chamber for a moment there (definitely a compliment). I haven't been able to get into Siratori's written works, but I can appreciate what he is doing, and the uncompromising intensity and inventiveness of his writing. In music, as spoken word chopped up with sound, it all seems to come together for me. Seems to be picking up where Burroughs left off.

Anyway, many thanks for making this available.

Exuviae

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 04:09:56 PM »
Thank you 9dragons! Glad to see people enjoying this work. It was quite an experience creating it.

.b

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »
brooks! awesome soundscapes! i love the dark ambient/industrial atmospheres - very cool. reminiscent of rapoon and lustmord.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com