Author Topic: Al Gromer Khan & Klaus Wiese  (Read 2867 times)

judd stephens

• View Profile
Al Gromer Khan & Klaus Wiese
« on: October 05, 2008, 07:34:13 PM »
These 2 artists have a nice collaboration called "The Alchemy of Happiness", and I just recently discovered it on Amazon's download shop, for only 99 cents.  It's got nearly an hour of Wiese's subtle Tibetan bowls with Khan's sitar notes drifting in and out.  Really nice, and worth more than a buck:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Alchemy-of-Happiness/dp/B0013PKQ6O/ref=sr_f2_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1223260080&sr=102-1 

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
Re: Al Gromer Khan & Klaus Wiese
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
an excellent cd! for 99 cents it is a steal!
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

uhurit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »
I own a CD version: not too horrible, but nothing spectacular either...for better execution of the same idea, IMHO, try Raag Drone Theory by Alio Die

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:48:02 AM »
I agree it's nothing spectacular, but I wouldn't attribute anything as minimal with that word anyway.  Even for both artists, this is a minimal effort, like Khan's Almond Blossom Day or Wiese's Samarkand, although I'd take Alchemy of Happiness over either of those 2 albums.  Anyway it would make a nice compliment to Alio Die's superior cd, I would imagine. 

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:30:46 AM »
I also have this one (Gordon Danis was kind enough to send me a copy), and I like it a lot.  Certainly not the best by either artist, but there's something about Khan's atmospheres that really warm up a room.  I find myself reaching for Monsoon Point the most of his, but I like this one for quiet evenings and afternoons.  I really enjoy the attention in the music to positivity and relaxation—something we can probably all use in our lives regularly.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »
an excellent cd! for 99 cents it is a steal!
whether it is their best or not is not the issue here - it's only 99 cents! it can be just ok at that price.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com