Author Topic: Damn MySpace hackers!  (Read 4044 times)

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
Damn MySpace hackers!
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »
Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you're on my MySpace friends list, you are going to find a nice little bulletin from "me" about how I am apparently a "Nawty Babe", who wants to "Hook-Up". (yeesh).....

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Re: Damn MySpace hackers!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
Gee - I thought you'd be cutting back on all that now that you're married.
Ahhh you crazy free-lovin' Americans!

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
You'd think 6 or 8 character passwords would be hard to guess, but especially when they're all lower-case letters, they're surprisingly easy to hack.  You can make your public site passwords literally millions of times harder to hack by including a variety of upper & lower case characters, numbers, and punctuation characters.

A password like "nighttrain" can be guessed fairly easily by these password-hacking programs with a couple of hours of random guessing attempts, but a password like "3-gN4u_V" might take (literally) more like 50 years of random guessing attempts.

I'm in the process of trying to make all my public passwords more complex, though it's a pain in the ass to remember them and keep them straight.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

einstein36

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
hahaha..I didn't think that was you....but hey...who knows the 'Real Lena' ;D

Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you're on my MySpace friends list, you are going to find a nice little bulletin from "me" about how I am apparently a "Nawty Babe", who wants to "Hook-Up". (yeesh).....

Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:30:57 PM »
but a password like "3-gN4u_V" might take (literally) more like 50 years of random guessing attempts.

WTF... Griff, you, you... of all the guesses in the world, how did you know?  Gotta run, I've got some accounts I need to change if you know what I mean. ::) ;D

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 02:36:19 PM »

If you get a reply from me accepting your invitation it wasn't me I swear.  ;D Oh wait, you're not on my friends list, who did I send that to?  ??? I mean I didn't send that too . . .  :o :-[ :D
Take care.

- Loren Nerell