OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

Damn MySpace hackers!

(1/2) > >>

lena:
Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you're on my MySpace friends list, you are going to find a nice little bulletin from "me" about how I am apparently a "Nawty Babe", who wants to "Hook-Up". (yeesh).....

Scott M2:
Gee - I thought you'd be cutting back on all that now that you're married.
Ahhh you crazy free-lovin' Americans!

mgriffin:
You'd think 6 or 8 character passwords would be hard to guess, but especially when they're all lower-case letters, they're surprisingly easy to hack.  You can make your public site passwords literally millions of times harder to hack by including a variety of upper & lower case characters, numbers, and punctuation characters.

A password like "nighttrain" can be guessed fairly easily by these password-hacking programs with a couple of hours of random guessing attempts, but a password like "3-gN4u_V" might take (literally) more like 50 years of random guessing attempts.

I'm in the process of trying to make all my public passwords more complex, though it's a pain in the ass to remember them and keep them straight.

einstein36:
hahaha..I didn't think that was you....but hey...who knows the 'Real Lena' ;D

--- Quote from: lena on December 20, 2007, 09:32:46 AM ---Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you're on my MySpace friends list, you are going to find a nice little bulletin from "me" about how I am apparently a "Nawty Babe", who wants to "Hook-Up". (yeesh).....

--- End quote ---

judd stephens:

--- Quote from: mgriffin on December 20, 2007, 11:03:41 AM --- but a password like "3-gN4u_V" might take (literally) more like 50 years of random guessing attempts.

--- End quote ---

WTF... Griff, you, you... of all the guesses in the world, how did you know?  Gotta run, I've got some accounts I need to change if you know what I mean. ::) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version