Author Topic: Handsonic 10  (Read 2549 times)

MarkM

• View Profile
Handsonic 10
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:03:28 PM »
The other day I purchased a Roland Handsonic 10, and I must say it is a great piece of gear.  I'm not much of a percussionist, but the Handsonic is making me better.  I think it has a lot of useful sounds that can be manipulated on board as well as through any external gear.  I have had it sequencing through my Yamaha RM1X with ease.  Next I will try something like Abelton.  Anyone else have much experience with a Handsonic?

hdibrell

• View Profile
Re: Handsonic 10
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »
Yes, I have a Handsonic HPD-15. It is a great instrument. A lot of percussive fun in a small package. It actually is a deep instrument in terms of control and subtlety. I really love mine. BTW, the sequencer sucks.          Harry
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
Re: Handsonic 10
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 04:04:05 PM »
I have had a handsonic 15 for about 7 years now and it is a staple part of my live rig...as you will hear as soon as I get atmo-works the final master of my live performance from CitySkies last spring.

Its still not as organic as a Korg Wave drum, but it comes the close to mimicking acoustic drums and the playing styles associated with them.

I like its versatility as I can use it in electronic as well as traditional performance situations equally.

Paul
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK