Author Topic: A.R.S.(e) Updates  (Read 4901 times)

dwight

• View Profile
    • Dwight Ashley Home Page
A.R.S.(e) Updates
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:36:51 AM »
Greetings all.

I just want to announce that Nepenthe Music is releasing a Tim Story, Hans-Joachim Roedelius and Ashley thing called Errata on November 13th.
This will coincide with our performance in Philadelphia at The Gatherings Concert Series on the 15th of Nov. As an added treat Deter Moebius will be joining us in the second set.
Sort of a pseudo Cluster event. Hope to see some of you there for that. Personally I am looking fwd to the meet and greeting. And of course playing in that great venue.

Later that evening I will be playing on Chuck's radio show Star’s End for a 1-2 hour live bit. Should prove interesting as I have never done a solo act before.

Best,
Dwight

MPECK

• View Profile
    • MPECK MUSIC
Re: A.R.S.(e) Updates
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:13:02 AM »
Hi Dwight, I hope you guys have a great set in Philly and your set at the station inspires you to do it more often. You'll love the studio by the way, it's a great place to end the night.

dwight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »
Hi Dwight, I hope you guys have a great set in Philly and your set at the station inspires you to do it more often. You'll love the studio by the way, it's a great place to end the night.

I agree. T. Story and I did an hour show back in 2005 after our Ashley/Story show at The Gatherings. Chuck, Jeff and the gang are a real pleasure to work with.

D

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:12:07 AM »
hmmmmmmmmm. november 15? i might be talked into attending.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

darren bergstein

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »

I just want to announce that Nepenthe Music is releasing a Tim Story, Hans-Joachim Roedelius and Ashley thing called Errata on November 13th.
This will coincide with our performance in Philadelphia at The Gatherings Concert Series on the 15th of Nov.

I'll be there with bells on...well, at least maybe my EMS Synthi shirt... ;)

I anticipate this one to be the highlight of another solid year at Mr. Van Zyl's Gatherings. Dwight, Tim, Hans (and, later, Dieter) occupying the main stage is unmissable, in my opinion, as much an "event" as the recent U.S. live debut of Manuel Gottsching. Be there or be square!

dwight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 10:43:57 AM »
Greetings again,

I forgot to add a few links about Errata. That is information and samples from this 10 track release.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyroedeliusstory
http://www.nepenthemusic.com/catalog/errata.html

All the best,
D

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 05:07:47 PM »
GREAT CD! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

dwight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
GREAT CD! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comment Jim.
I hope you can make the trip. It will be good to see you again.

-d

Hypnagogue

• Let's do music.
    • View Profile
    • Hypnagogue Reviews
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 01:24:45 PM »
Very sad that I won't be able to get down for this one. Since it was announced I was going to make this my Philly trip for the year. (After driving down to see Roach last year I vowed I would make one Gatherings show per year--gift to myself. So much for that...)

Finances dictate otherwise...gas, hotel, etc. I blame the new house. :-)

Have a great show, Dwight/Tim/Hans. And for whoever's going, I eagerly await your reviews!
Hypnagogue Reviews
one listener's opinion on new music
hypnagoguereviews.wordpress.com
Hypnagogue Podcast
hypnagoguepodcast.wordpress.com

dwight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »
Very sad that I won't be able to get down for this one. Since it was announced I was going to make this my Philly trip for the year. (After driving down to see Roach last year I vowed I would make one Gatherings show per year--gift to myself. So much for that...)

Finances dictate otherwise...gas, hotel, etc. I blame the new house. :-)

Have a great show, Dwight/Tim/Hans. And for whoever's going, I eagerly await your reviews!

John,  I understand the costs associated with an 8 hour trip. It's amazing how things rack up $ and time wise.
It would have been great to meet you in person. I am really sorry you are going to miss the Cluster set thou. It always great to watch them play!

I will say hello to the lads for you.
Next time! 

D

dwight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »
Greetings All,

Just a quick comment to thank all of you who came out to the show.
Jeff Towne’ photos of the concert are now posted at http://thegatherings.org/77gather.html

A sample of Jeff’ work

from right to left: d. ashley, h.j. rodelius ,d. moebius and t. story

d

soma611

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »
The Gatherings night was great.  The church concert ran the gambit -- A.R.S. (e), Cluster, Tim and Hans did some time alone, all four for a while -- then Dwight went solo for two hours over at the studio from two until four a.m.   I kept him supplied with coffee,  "Here!  Drink!", but totally blew it with the pizza.   It was pouring rain that night and I had to rapidly carry several boxes several city blocks.  The mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni and cheese all wandered to one side.   I ruined the entire night.

Bill

dwight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 05:40:08 AM »
I kept him supplied with coffee,  "Here!  Drink!", but totally blew it with the pizza.   It was pouring rain that night and I had to rapidly carry several boxes several city blocks.  The mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni and cheese all wandered to one side.   I ruined the entire night.

Bill

Bill, I was quite glad you gave me coffee. I was rather tired.
As for the pizza, I had not eaten that day so the pizza looked real good and I did eat.

So thank you Bill.

D