Author Topic: A Produce & Loren Nerell, Intangible  (Read 8683 times)

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
A Produce & Loren Nerell, Intangible
« on: December 22, 2007, 10:58:05 PM »
Over the past summer Barry (A Produce) and I spent quite a bit of time working on some music together with the thought that if turned out half way decent maybe we would put it out. For various reasons we had to stop for a while and haven't been able to get back together to work on it some more. In the mean while Barry sent his film maker friend Barton Santello an mp3 of one of our tracks which he then used as the sound track to his film "Intangible." I just ran across it and thought maybe some of you might enjoy hearing what we were up to. Click on the link below to hear and see the film, I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.undergroundfilm.com/films/viewer.tcl?oftype=lar&wid=1032151
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Mark Mushet

• View Profile
    • Mark Mushet Photography
Re: A Produce & Loren Nerell, Intangible
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »
Over the past summer Barry (A Produce) and I spent quite a bit of time working on some music together with the thought that if turned out half way decent maybe we would put it out. For various reasons we had to stop for a while and haven't been able to get back together to work on it some more.

This is great news Loren. I hope circumstances allow you two to get together again and finish up with something really great that will see a release date...maybe in 2008? Your post reminded me to get back in touch with Barry so thanks for that too!

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »
Nice piece, Loren.  Looking forward to hearing more.

Forrest

nuun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:16:34 PM »
I love it
Did you achieved any new track since this one ;-)

nuun

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:34:47 PM »
Good timing, Barry and I got together yesterday to work on some matrial, although not much really came of it as we mainly just reviewed what we have done so far and talked about direction. Yes we have I believe five tracks so far which adds up to around 42 minutes of matrial.  We are thinking maybe a couple of more tracks and we will be finished.  Stay tuned.  :)
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

1000snakes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 05:58:06 PM »
That's good news Loren. I really like the piece from the film and look forward to hearing more from this collaboration. I enjoyed your mixes on the recent Dean De Benedictis release, "A Cambient Variations" .
Peace, Kirk

nuun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »
Hello Loren,
That sounds very good to me !!

nuun

Ein Sophistry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »
That track is amazing, Loren.  I have a soft spot for this particular style/subgenre, which I've taken to calling (pace Arvo Part) "Tintinnambient."  Please keep us posted on this projects.  I can tell it's going to be something special.
Ain Sophistry
In Pursuit of Philosophical/Scientific Clarity in Scientific/Philosophical Thought.

TestZero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
Hi Loren,

This is very nice indeed! More, please...

We also miss A Produce (we used to see Barry from time to time in Claremont at Rhino Records) and hope he will return with more music as well.

Lucette (Bourdin) says hello; she talked to you several times at Analogue Haven.

Cheers,
TZ
Nothing in the world is lost,
Nothing falls into the void,
Not even the words and deeds of man;
Everything has its place and destination.
Zohar

Psychotropic Films

• View Profile
    • Psychotropic Films
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 06:13:45 PM »
Hi...I'm Bart Santello director of the short film "Intangible" being discussed here.  First off, I believe the link posted by Loren was changed when UndergroundFilm.Org began posting their site on YouTube.   

Here's a newer working link: 

Some background on how this film came together.  As a filmmaker, I'm fascinated with the 'texture' of old film.  I was restoring some 40-50 year old 8mm footage when I received an email from A Produce with an MP3 attachment of a ambient piece him and Loren Nerell were collaborating on.  As I continued to work on the film I played the MP3 file with headphones.  All of a sudden I realized the music and the imagery of the old 8mm film worked perfectly together.  I immediately ditched the restoration and proceeded to extract from my source material all the imagery I found of high artistic value.  Then I combined these film fragments into the 'dream' of decay and forgotten memories.  This is how I make films - without intention.

So far I have collaborated primarily with A Produce and Richard Bone, but am open to any musician who creates 'psycho-active' soundscapes and sound design.

Note that all my films posted online are now obsolete versions.  All my short films have been re-crafted in preparation for a compilation DVD release in 2010.  This mastering process draws upon new insights derived from the intent of the original idea of each work - Stay Tuned!   Bart

http://www.psychotropicfilms.com/html/subconscious.html

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
Time for an update I think. The music is all done, mixed and mastered. If you haven't read the Hypnos 2010 outlook thread over in the Hypnos section of the forum then you might have missed Mike Griffin mentioning that he is looking at this as a possible Hypnos release. Stay tuned.  :)

Take care.

- Loren Nerell

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
I'd say this is something we all want to happen, and I'd like to see about getting the AP/LN disc released on Hypnos in the next 3-4 months.  More updates soon.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions