Author Topic: Steve Roach - Ultra Immersion Concert, now released on CDr  (Read 4006 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Steve Roach - Ultra Immersion Concert, now released on CDr
« on: November 12, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »
This is a double CDr release, 2 and half hour long, limited to 50 copies. split into 9 parts...
I am not sure if it is officially available for order, but my friend did get it for free with an order...

I hope that eventually the complete concert of 12 hours will be released.

http://www.steveroach.com/Live/2007/Tucson/index.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:23:03 PM by Immersion »

darren bergstein

Re: Steve Roach - Ultra Immersion Concert, now released on CDr
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 05:22:47 PM »
For clarification, Steve asked me to post this message regarding this CDR:

“This was a montage of the concert made for the people who attended the 12 hour Immersion concert in 2007. It was part of their “package” for the event.  A small number of copies were left and a few customers who have placed large orders were given one. These are no plans to release this and those who received a copy were requested to keep it special and not make copies. There is a chance it might be posted on iTunes next year."

So those of you who have this recording in your possession can claim a nice little package of sonic booty. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:25:11 PM by darren bergstein »

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
For clarification, Steve asked me to post this message regarding this CDR:

“This was a montage of the concert made for the people who attended the 12 hour Immersion concert in 2007. It was part of their “package” for the event.  A small number of copies were left and a few customers who have placed large orders were given one. These are no plans to release this and those who received a copy were requested to keep it special and not make copies. There is a chance it might be posted on iTunes next year."

So those of you who have this recording in your possession can claim a nice little package of sonic booty. :)

Interesting, I hope he will make the full 12 hour concert available, would be a nice experience.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »
By the way, there is some video clips on youtube from the concert, if someone is interested.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:56:31 PM »
For some reason having a 12-hour concert on CD doesn't interest me. 

einstein36

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 07:26:12 AM »
too bad something like this doesn't get release either on DVD-audio or even blu-ray....with blu-ray, you could either have just audio or both audio and video montage of the concert in TRUEHD or even DTS-HD audio..:)
Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 07:34:11 AM »
Well to be honest, I have never been a big fan of live cds in ambient music. Studio recordings are often better, even though steve roach mostly record his music in real-time in studio...he can work many weeks with the same piece...and waiting for the perfect moment to record...in an live situation you only have one chance...

However, I can understand why Steve, see no reason to release this, compared to his more refined studio recordings this does not keep up the standards in my opinion. Also I am sure it would be something completely different in the recording moment in the audio/visual experience in the concert, something that you do not get by just listening to the CD.

Poaalpina

• View Profile
Ambient DNA

Poaalpina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »
There will be a lot unreleased music at Bandcamp. It will all be first rate material but moslty special live concerts that would never make it to CD. Stay tuned.  ;)
Ambient DNA

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
I wrote to Steve maybe a month ago about the possibility of releasing out-of-print stuff on Bandcamp as well, but he never got back to me.  :-\
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Youngblood

• View Profile
    • CdBabyPage
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
By the way, there is some video clips on youtube from the concert, if someone is interested.

Can you post a link to these? I can't find them anywhere. I was at this show and played with him that night/morning. I'm pretty sure I'm still tired from it..