Author Topic: Cyclic Law label  (Read 2636 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Cyclic Law label
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:42:25 PM »
Any appreciators of this fine dark ambient label? My first taste was Gustaf Hildebrand's excellent "Primordial Resonance," followed by the even more excellent Tholen disc.  Both, especially the Tholen, have a decidedly cosmic/space vibe that would appeal to spacemusic lovers.  They are quite drifty without the unwanted aspects of general weirdness/doom and gloom/harsh noise of some of the artists in this genre.  Another good cosmic/space disc on the label is "Starscape" by Gustaf Hildebrand.  Svartsinn's "Traces of Nothingness" is a nice release, also, not really space music per se but it is subdued dark ambience.  Coming up for a spin on my CD player shortly is Northaunt "Horizons," Kammarheit's "Starwheel," and Visions' "Lapse." Will have to get Sinke Dus disc next, the sound samples are very nice.  The packaging/artwork on this label has been uniformly excellent I must say.

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
Re: Cyclic Law label
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »
I'm a fan of Frederic's ambient stuff and his doom band (Longing For Dawn) and I actually got to meet him I think last year at a show where another friend was playing in Springfield, MA and he's a really cool dude. I also have most of the ones you mention as I've been in touch with Svarsinn off and on. Gustaf's stuff is cool and I also love Northaunt. Visions has a release upcoming soon which I'll snag. I need to check out Tholen at some point. He usually releases fine stuff and as always nice packaging.

Mike

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »
Longing for dawn is indeed one of the best Funeral/ambient doom bands around....

Cyclic law also have some quality releases such as Kammerheit and Northaunt

Thaumogenesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »
Coming up for a spin on my CD player shortly is Northaunt "Horizons," Kammarheit's "Starwheel,"

I genuinely believe they are already classics. 'Horizons' contains some of the most tasteful field recordings I've heard.

heart99

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 01:30:37 AM »
Any appreciators of this fine dark ambient label? My first taste was Gustaf Hildebrand's excellent "Primordial Resonance," followed by the even more excellent Tholen disc.  Both, especially the Tholen, have a decidedly cosmic/space vibe that would appeal to spacemusic lovers.  They are quite drifty without the unwanted aspects of general weirdness/doom and gloom/harsh noise of some of the artists in this genre.  Another good cosmic/space disc on the label is "Starscape" by Gustaf Hildebrand.  Svartsinn's "Traces of Nothingness" is a nice release, also, not really space music per se but it is subdued dark ambience.  Coming up for a spin on my CD player shortly is Northaunt "Horizons," Kammarheit's "Starwheel," and Visions' "Lapse." Will have to get Sinke Dus disc next, the sound samples are very nice.  The packaging/artwork on this label has been uniformly excellent I must say.

I think that Cyclic Law label is excellent.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
where can i find the label?
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »
www.cycliclaw.com is the URL for the site. I believe he is going to come out with one more Instincts release down the road which I am looking forward too (prior to LFD and Visions, Nord Ambient Alliance compilation has him on it). Also I believe a new Visions is due soon too later this year. I'll have to check with Frederic.

Mike