Author Topic: Mirror/Mimir  (Read 1641 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Mirror/Mimir
« on: November 22, 2008, 04:51:18 AM »
Found a copy of Mirror's (Andrew Chalk/Christoph Heeman) much-touted debut "Eye of the Storm" on Discogs and on the first couple listens I couldn't get into it, but this morning at 3:45 a.m. (can't sleep) it's sounding damn good.  Super quiet desolate windy drones with reverbed metallic clonks.  I had the same reaction to Andrew Chalk's Faraway Press discs but on closer repeated listening they really grow on you with their extreme subtleties and micro-sounds (headphones listening recommended).  I'm curious now about Mimir, Christoph Heeman's other project.  Anyone here familiar with their stuff?

gjhardwick

• View Profile
Re: Mirror/Mimir
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:48:45 AM »
not heard any Mimir unfortunately but i love the majority of the Mirror releases.

I actually like Eye of The Storm the least out of everything i've heard by them - ironic to say this about a drone album i know, but i just don't think it goes anywhere.   Currently got Ringstones spinning on my turntable - awesome stuff!
Disappointing the masses since 2006 - http://www.low-point.com

Undershadow

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:09:38 AM »
I've never really explored Mimir. I'm more of a Chalk man than a He man er... I mean Heeman man, so even in re: Mirror I tend to prefer my Mirror sounding more Chalk-y, like (especially) Places of Light. Nights is a good one too.

gjhardwick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 09:30:40 AM »
Alan, if you could do me a mp3 version of Nights i'd really appreciate it!  8)
Disappointing the masses since 2006 - http://www.low-point.com

Undershadow

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »

Now then, Gareth. Are you suggesting I indulge in illicit peer-to-peer activity?!

(er... just checking... if you are, you better let me have your email then... I can't flagrantly flout the laws governing intellectual property and music distribution without it...)