Author Topic: Asianova?  (Read 4200 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Asianova?
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:12:09 AM »
Anyone into this group?  I had seen the name for years and recently discovered some group members made up Voice of Eye (from the mid-90's).  I checked out their Soundclick page and the samples I heard were amazing.  Cosmic drone stuff, very intense and "out there." I think they've only had one CD release (on Eibon Records), the rest have been on CDR. 

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
Re: Asianova?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:02 AM »
Anyone into this group?  I had seen the name for years and recently discovered some group members made up Voice of Eye (from the mid-90's).  I checked out their Soundclick page and the samples I heard were amazing.  Cosmic drone stuff, very intense and "out there." I think they've only had one CD release (on Eibon Records), the rest have been on CDR. 
i think that eibon is also a cdr label.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »
I did a thread about this amazing group not too long time ago...
Definitely one of the best psychedelic/cosmic ambient out there if not the best!
When you listen to it at night in bed you you enter new doorways and dimensions beyond time and space.
I really feel connected to a broader cosmos when listening to this music...

Too bad the cds have not been proerply released yet, only available from drone records now.
Also be careful to buy from Ure Thrall himself, I have got ripped of from him... 10+cds...still have not received them.

If you are into Asianova I really recommend to check out Ure Thrall - The bone tree soundtracks vol 1 &2

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »
Ah, thanks for that Immersion.  I emailed this "Ure Thrall" a few days ago and haven't heard back.  Perhaps I'll try Drone to get some Asianova discs. 

PS: Eibon releases pressed CD's.  Same label that issued Sola Translatio's "Ad Infinitum."  They also have released dark ambient stuff like Svartsinn (Cyclic Law), Amon, etc.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »
Yes Ure Thrall sense of business is not what it should be...if you order from him you could expect it to arrive maybe within 6 months up to 2 years if they arrive at all...

I had to reorder them from Drone Records, the cds where all in catastropic condition, very scratchy and dirty..still waiting for my replacement copies..so be sure you ask Stefan at DR to get good copies..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:24:07 PM by Immersion »

MPECK

• View Profile
    • MPECK MUSIC
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:17 AM »
I got my copy of "Love Like a Veiled Threat" through a trade with Mike Honeycutt of Mystery Hearsay. Honestly, I hadn't ever heard of them and was looking for some of Ure's material when this was suggested. Highly recommended.

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
I believe Ventricle was selling both Voice of Eye and Asianova CDs.  Not sure if they are still in stock.  I had Burning the Blue Skies Black, and it was a very good album, and not a CDR (though the packaging was lousy).

http://www.ventricle.com

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »
Only these two albums has been released on CD.

All the rest of the albums has been released on CDr through Discorporeality Recordings, these
cds are very hard to get, and from what I know Drone Records are the only place who has them...

I can really recommend "Suite Dreams" and "Terminal Ferocity" as well...

Complete discography
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Asianova

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 10:28:38 PM »
I got "Love Like a Veiled Threat" a few years ago, but have maybe only listened to it through one time. But I actually feel like it is great, deep, and powerful. I just always seem to be saving it for a special occasion. Maybe it's one of those potent albums one only puts on at special times. Eibon makes a good package, six panel digipak, "real" cd...

This thread has inspired me to spin this one soon...and will report back on my reaction...

9dragons

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »
Tried listening to the Asianova last night. I think I actually don't like it...There are definitely some effective parts, but the tracks are uneven in quality, and they keep turning that damn knob that makes stuff move slower or faster. Sounds kind of rookie to me.

Think I'll be selling my copy...

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:45:12 PM »
Well rookie they are definitely not..they know what they are doing...
I did think the same at first...took some time to get a grip of the music..and connect with it on a deeper...

Maybe give "Terminal Ferocity" album a chance...it is much more deeper...

9dragons

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:13 PM »
"rookie" is too strong a word. The album does get far more interesting in the latter half...