Author Topic: Gustaf Hildebrand/The Floating World on Cyclic Law  (Read 1399 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Gustaf Hildebrand/The Floating World on Cyclic Law
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:59:21 AM »
Listening to this new Cyclic Law disc by Lacus Somniorum, "Tideshaper."  This is a collaboration between Gustaf Hildebrand, who has two CL releases to his credit, and Amanda Votta aka The Floating World, who was featured on the recent Hypnos compilation "Echoes of Polyhymnia."  I loved her track on that, and "Tideshaper" definitely does not disappoint.  Hildebrand's dark ambient soundscapes are given a new dimension with Votta's voice, flute, and electronics.  The album concept as stated in the press release is describing places unseen by modern civilization or that we will never see ourselves.  This album definitely succeeds in that!  Spooky and surreal yet very beautiful and mysterious, this reminds me of the soundtrack to the final sequence in Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey.  "Tideshaper" is without a doubt one of the best Cyclic Law releases to date.   

Joe R

• View Profile
Re: Gustaf Hildebrand/The Floating World on Cyclic Law
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »
Wow you're right, I checked out the samples, and that is some wild & awesome sounding stuff! Reminds me of some huge, mysterious "thing" crashing through a black forest...  don't know if I could take a whole album of that :o