Author Topic: Best DAW for Ambient Music 2015  (Read 3941 times)

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
Re: Best DAW for Ambient Music 2015
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »

That is one  8) controller.....I can see quite a few folks getting into logic just to have Alchemy and Nektar.  Im Still happy in Logic Pro 9 but the day will come.

I'm still running Logic 9 myself, and it works with it too. I haven't had a lot of time to dive into it yet as I am still dialing in the studio after the move to another room, most of my time is taken up with other parts of my house at the moment.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

southfacing

• View Profile
Re: Best DAW for Ambient Music 2015
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 06:44:56 AM »
Reaper has great modulation options, you can choose a multitude of LFOs or use other audio to modulate effect parameters - great for adding to EQ to add sweeps and bring things to life - I don't know if other DAWs have this feature, but I think Bigwig also has it.

I'd also put up Audiomulch as a serious contender for ambient work, it's (mostly) a non-timeline based workflow and so is much more geared towards live jamming and experimentation. I generate nearly all of my audio via Audiomulch and then fine tune and structure it in Reaper. And whilst you can just start recording the output in Reaper, I find I hardly ever do it as the focus is so much more about a timeline - where as in AM, I'll just hit record and noodle away for ages..