Author Topic: New stuff at NAMM  (Read 525 times)

hdibrell

• View Profile
Re: New stuff at NAMM
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Yes, his work on Consequences really got me interested in the Gizmotron back in the '70's. Hopefully this new version works a lot better. It's on my list, as well.
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 04:01:26 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, Loren.  It would be great if the spacings between the rubber wheels were adjustable.  Then I could try it out on some of my less conventional stringed instruments.   ;)

Forrest
From looking at the installation video on the Gizmotron site, it looks like the rubber wheels spacing is somewhat adjustable. I'm not sure how much, though.

Yes I can concur that is exactly what they told us, you will be able to adjust them. They will also offer replacement parts like new wheels as they wear out.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »
Played around on that little Korg and it may look like a toy but it was really great sounding and very fast and fun to play, and at that price it will move a ton of units.

Good to hear your opinion on the Minilogue, Paul.
I'll certainly be picking one up when they hit the shelves.
www.dataobscura.com
http://dataobscura.bandcamp.com
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, Loren.  It would be great if the spacings between the rubber wheels were adjustable.  Then I could try it out on some of my less conventional stringed instruments.   ;)

Forrest
From looking at the installation video on the Gizmotron site, it looks like the rubber wheels spacing is somewhat adjustable. I'm not sure how much, though.

Yes I can concur that is exactly what they told us, you will be able to adjust them. They will also offer replacement parts like new wheels as they wear out.

Cool!  Thanks.  So analogue of them.   :)

Forrest