Author Topic: Forgive me, but I have to write this one out.  (Read 4952 times)

Wayne Higgins

• View Profile
    • Oenyaw
Forgive me, but I have to write this one out.
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:28:36 PM »
In 1903, Carl Clay Higgins was born.  He married a young woman named Mary and they had three kids.  Carl Jr., Margaret and Robert.  My dad was Robert.  Margaret was my aunt, and she died today.  What I got hit with this evening is that that family is all gone.  105 years, give or take a few months.  My grand father was an officer in the Navy through WWII.  At one time, four of them worked with NSA.  My grandfather reitred from NSA.  My uncle Carl retired from Redstone.  My dad ended up a minister and retired early to take care of my mom when she was very ill.  My aunt Margaret's last job was with an office machine company in Rockville, MD.  I saw here this past summer, she was quite ill due to years of respiratory illnesses.  Very understanding, loving and giving person.  I will miss here dearly.

She had four children, surnamed Strickland.  My Uncle Carl's children are all gone.  My older brother died a few years ago.  Shit.  I'm the oldest Higgins.  My cousin and I were talking tonight.  We have been close longer than either of us can remember.  We are less that a year apart in age and there are pictures of us together as infants.  She mentioned that there are things that she was never told, that events are long past and will never be remembered.  Kind of gives me a meloncholly look at life.  On one had, there is the line from "Blade Runner", something like "these things are gone like waves in sand".  The other is from "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil:  "Two tears in a bucket, muther fuckit."

105 years. sigh
So, I'm a "Sr Member", huh?  In June it's SENIOR DISCOUNT TIME!!!
http://oenyaw.net/
http://oenyaw.blogspot.com/

deepspace

• View Profile
    • deepspace home page
Re: Forgive me, but I have to write this one out.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:14:56 AM »
Condolences mate,  Try to keep your chin up.  I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure that others on this forum will agree when I say that you are valued as a part of this group, and there are plenty of ears willing to listen and to be here for you in times of grief.

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:52:56 AM »
My thoughts are with you too.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:23:36 PM »
wow. what can i say except condolences and prayers, wayneo. remember that grief is a process with no exact time line or sequence. you can run through the stages in any order and at any moment. i use the kubler-ross model in my therapy groups but there are dozens of others.
 :'(
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »
Condolences, wayneo; good vibes coming your way.   :( :( :(
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

deepspace

• View Profile
    • deepspace home page
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »
Jim, tell me more about what you do.  You sound like you're a counsellor (sp?) of some sort.  I'm starting a psychology degree in 2009, so I'm most interested in this area.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  I recall the line from Blade Runner something along the lines of: "All those moments (washed away?) like tears in rain."

r l e o n

• View Profile
    • The Hydrogen Cafe
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »
"All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain."

-Roy Batty in Blade Runner

My condolences as well.
All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.
-Jack Kerouac