Author Topic: El Camino de Santiago.....The Way.....A walking across Spain.  (Read 750 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
Re: El Camino de Santiago.....The Way.....A walking across Spain.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
A really enjoyable reading with stunning photos, thanks a lot for sharing, Julio!!!

Richard  :)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 04:39:28 AM »
Hi Loren & Richard.....many do walk the Camino in stages because they don't have a month or more time to give to it in one shot or due to injury.  I mentioned this to Susan and she lets just rent a car  :o ;D.  The last 100 kilometers is were many many people start from and they are still able to get the official stamp of recognition in Santiago.  Apparently the "way" becomes very crowded in that final stretch. 

It was a great adventure indeed.....Life changing!

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 09:35:54 AM »
Hi Julio,

Will have a good gander at this 'blogumentary' soon !

cheers,

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
I enjoyed reading the blog; thanks for sharing! That's too bad about the injury, but it sounds like you two found a way to make the most of the trip. What a great experience.

And amazing photos too! Beautiful!

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Hi Chris....We still are asking ourselves if the knee issue had not occurred how far would we go, all the way, half way. Our friends that we started with have just finished.  It really is an immense amount of walking.  Makes me wonder how people manage to do the Appalachian Trail, 2000 plus miles.

Photographic side note......I took 2 cameras, a 35mm full frame camera and a point and shoot, both digital.  I dropped the 35mm in its case the first day and damaged the shutter, that left the point and shoot that Im not fond of...I remembered a British landscape photographer, Julian Calverley who did a book using his iPhone camera http://www.juliancalverley.com/books/iphoneonly-ibook/. Most of the photographs in the blog are made with my iPhone 6.  I love the way the camera in the phone renders its images. 

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Hi Julio,

A fascinating read, I believe it's no bad thing to be flexible with plans are adapt to changing circumstances, if need be.

Great images too, I particularly like 'IMG_0580'. I've been using an iphone 6 too recently and have been surprised with how good it can be. That HDR setting actually tames over-exposure (generally) rather than adding the 'garish HDR' look.