OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

Let's introduce ourselves -- new Hypnos Forum members especially

<< < (42/44) > >>

hdibrell:
I'd like to add my welcome, Jim. Looking forward to your input.

mgriffin:
Welcome, Jim. Ashland is beautiful!

Gemini Ambience:
Hi Everyone,

I am a returning member to this forum. Haven't really had much time to work on music the last few years due to being laid off in 2009 and attempting to find work in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Didn't work out, so now I'm back home in Pennsylvania.

Just wanted to say hello now that I'm back on the forum. Feel like I'm starting all over again with my music as well as my life. Still have the MacBook Pro running Ableton Live 8. My current favorite synth is Zebra 2 by u-he. This synth is a powerhouse and now that I have loads of time on my hands til I find a new job, I figure I might as well start composing again.

Any tips or advice for a newbie approaching ambient production is welcome. Unlike the trance I used to write, I have no idea how a basic DAW workflow template should look for ambient. Will be searching the forum threads for any good topics or tutorials I may have missed since leaving.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Jim / Gemini Ambience

Seren:
Welcome back Jim,

a tip - throw any preconceptions away and just create music you enjoy.

mgriffin:
Hi Jim - I agree with Seren. Don't start from a "workflow" - just start making sounds, and tweaking and adjusting, until you come up with something you like. I'm usually not able to articulate my workflow until after I'm finished.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version