Author Topic: Steve Roach News  (Read 36118 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Steve Roach News
« on: January 24, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »
I will continue to feature selected �releases from new and established artists which I find find ear-opening.�A new release from a unique duo, Lapis Ensemble, deserves your attention. Please read more about this below. �

For nearly three years I have been working on�Dynamic Stillness. This �2-CD�solo release of all-new pieces� is �coming in a few months on Projekt. It inhabits the Immersion, Mystic Chords and Magnificent Void dimensions, but deeper and further "inside".�These�are the� places I �love to live within,�and lately I've been in full habitation mode with these pieces�and their�progression�for months. I look forward to sharing this "Stillness" with you.�The official release date is April, but we will have copies at the site before then. Please stay tuned...

There� are already a� few new Timeroom Editions releases� cued up and in production, one of which is� "Destination Beyond". This� takes the momentum of Arc of Passion and Landmass� in to� the studio, resulting in a single�70-minute road trip to the next place at the next horizon.�

I will meet you there at this next horizon, and from that point look towards the next one. All the best for '09 and again, thank you for your continued interest and support of the music over the years. �

Steve Roach
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:07:42 AM by Immersion »

c l i f f

• View Profile
But wait, there's more! The full update is here: http://steveroach.com/news/newsletter/newsletter.php?id=20090116000000

Dr. Krippen

• View Profile
Just bought Steve's Stream of Thought today along with Robert Rich's Zerkalo. Steve really cranks them out.

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
For nearly three years I have been working on Dynamic Stillness. This 2-CD solo release of all-new pieces is coming in a few months on Projekt. It inhabits the Immersion, Mystic Chords and Magnificent Void dimensions, but deeper and further "inside".
Ok, he's definitely got my attention!!!  :D
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
aw fuck, there goes the new budget!
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

Ekstasis

• View Profile
http://www.projekt.com/projekt/product.asp?dept_id=&sku=PRO00228

New cd cover posted, and description of the cd.

I get the vibes already that it might be the best roach cd yet.
The cd cover looks deeply inspiring as well.

hdibrell

• View Profile

Okay, you've got my attention.      Harry
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Robert Logan

• View Profile

Yes, that is a very, very beautiful cover. Even though I really like the music on Stream of Thought, the cover of that release doesn't do it for me. 

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
Wow. The Guy that did the Artwork for this CD knows how to do his Job, thats for sure.
Best Roach Cover i have ever seen. Was it done by the same person that did some of
those Robert Rich Artworks? Kind of looks like it.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
That guy is called karezoid. Might be my favorite photographer.

http://karezoid.deviantart.com/

Joe R

• View Profile
That is a great cover. The music description sounds fascinating as well.

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
I like the long advanced notice given of this new album. I really want to catch up, so to speak, on listening and understanding some past Roach releases. I feel like I haven't given Mystic Chords enough real deep listenings on the headphones, and want to get more into Early Man, which I feel I haven't fully grasped. And some of the more recent as well, like Fever Dreams III (the second disc) and Landmass deserve further exploration, as well as Stream of Thought. There are certain Roach albums that I like to save up, and only give rare listens to, like Mystic Chords. It gets really intense when you are ready for it. Whereas the Immersions I listen to quite frequently, and sometimes every evening for weeks at a time.

The new album looks like one not to be missed, but then again most Roach albums are not to be missed.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Song titles has now been added :)

Disk One 72.46

1. Birth of Still Places 40:28
   2. Long Tide 19:41
   3. A Darker Light 7:34
   4. Opening Sky 5:06

Disk two 73:04
   1. Nature of Things 8:50
   2. Further Inside 16:58
   3. Slowly Revealed 23:55
   4. Canyon Stillness 23:17

nuun

• View Profile
Hi,

Dynamic Stillness looks like one the most beautiful layout for me, alongside Mystic chords & sacred spaces.
If the quality of the picture & layout echoes the music, we can expect a pure diamond :-)

I particulary love two sides of you music :
- pure ambient / atmospheric, in the way of "Mystic chords & sacred spaces" or "The eternal expanse" track
- tribal/rituals acts(without electronic ryhtmns), in the way of early origins / artifacts / The dreamer descends

Can we expect a come back to this last style, meaning less electronic drums and strongly acoustic percussions ?

nuun

dreamin4ever

• View Profile
I will continue to feature selected �releases from new and established artists which I find find ear-opening.�A new release from a unique duo, Lapis Ensemble, deserves your attention. Please read more about this below. �

For nearly three years I have been working on�Dynamic Stillness. This �2-CD�solo release of all-new pieces� is �coming in a few months on Projekt. It inhabits the Immersion, Mystic Chords and Magnificent Void dimensions, but deeper and further "inside".�These�are the� places I �love to live within,�and lately I've been in full habitation mode with these pieces�and their�progression�for months. I look forward to sharing this "Stillness" with you.�The official release date is April, but we will have copies at the site before then. Please stay tuned...

There� are already a� few new Timeroom Editions releases� cued up and in production, one of which is� "Destination Beyond". This� takes the momentum of Arc of Passion and Landmass� in to� the studio, resulting in a single�70-minute road trip to the next place at the next horizon.�

I will meet you there at this next horizon, and from that point look towards the next one. All the best for '09 and again, thank you for your continued interest and support of the music over the years. �

Steve Roach

Hey Steve,

Just got back from holiday in Prague and saw this on your website. I am very impressed with the cover. Wow! What a surprise to see coming home. I had to take a trip out to the desert the day after getting home and chill(warm up to the spring desert heat) to Landmass, Mystic Chords, Arc, etc, and some TD's music. Cant wait till the release SR. The wait will be worth it. Thank you.

David G

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
Dynamic Stillness is available for pre-order:
http://steveroach.com/store/store.php?item=418
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Dynamic Stillness is available for pre-order:
http://steveroach.com/store/store.php?item=418

Amazing I check the page for mp3 samples every day :)
This I am sure will be the album of the year.

Best album so far is Deathspell Omega - Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum: Chaining the Katechon

DeepR

• View Profile
I prefer his more active music, in whatever form. So I hope these soundscapes will be deep, heavy, full sounding and continuously changing instead of minimal, sparse, thin and repetitive... or at least varied between these two extremes.

c l i f f

• View Profile

Ekstasis

• View Profile
MP3 clips have been posted.  http://steveroach.com/store/store.php?item=418

Nice, sounds very good..

Damn I really miss my old soundcard and my old headphone amp... ambient does not sound very good in my soundcard POD X3 (only use it temporary)
really hope I will get my new PCIe soundcard until I get the CD.