Author Topic: Modulator ESP - Rammel Club #2  (Read 2466 times)

modulator_esp

• the lost tribe of Em
    • View Profile
    • Modulator ESP
Modulator ESP - Rammel Club #2
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »
I played a half hour ambient/drone set on Sunday night, on a bill with US band Emeralds, Gareth Hardwick and Birds of Delay.

My set was improvised live using a Nord G2, Electrix Repeater and SP-404 through a couple of Boss pedals, a DD-20 Giga delay and an RC-20 Space Echo.

The recording of my set is on rapidshare here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/189906669/Rammel_Club_2_02_Modulator_ESP.mp3

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: Modulator ESP - Rammel Club #2
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
That sure was a drone/loop, and Space Echo set ... enjoyed it!  Must have been fun in a live setting.

Also, neat bits of gear you were using. I've been meaning to pick up an RC-20.
I know the Repeater, but not the roland SP-404 - would you recommend it as a good looping/sampler machine ? Looks really nifty, and very tempting.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

modulator_esp

• the lost tribe of Em
    • View Profile
    • Modulator ESP
Re: Modulator ESP - Rammel Club #2
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »
That sure was a drone/loop, and Space Echo set ... enjoyed it!  Must have been fun in a live setting.

Yes, it was fun :)

Thanks for listening

Also, neat bits of gear you were using. I've been meaning to pick up an RC-20.
I know the Repeater, but not the roland SP-404 - would you recommend it as a good looping/sampler machine ? Looks really nifty, and very tempting.

I only use the SP-404 for pre-recorded stuff, bass drones, field recordings, transitions and the like. It would be much better if it could record and play at the same time but it can't. It has some fairly nice built in effects which can be used to help cover up the seams when looping long samples with fades in and out. I have a 1Gb compact flash card for it so sample length is never a problem :)