Author Topic: Seconds in Formaldehyde - A Shiver in Red (Vinyl Record)  (Read 3318 times)

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
Seconds in Formaldehyde - A Shiver in Red (Vinyl Record)
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:03:32 AM »
Hi Guys,

well i thought i let you know that in a not to distant future, i will release my first Vinyl Record.
It took a long time to get to this point were i felt, that i had said anything with my Music in
terms of just "pure guitar droning". Of course it makes me proud that people still enjoy listening
to those recordings. But for me personally, as an artist, it felt so damn good to finally express
myself the way i alway wanted it to do.

Why should i limit myself to just a guitar, when there are so many other sources to use.

"A Shiver in Red" is a new beginning for myself as an artist. For the first and surely not the
last time i used other Sources then just my guitar. I used Field Recordings and Shortwave Radio
Manipulations and Electronics. I also feed my Guitar through self-build patches that i worked
on for quiet a while. One can make my guitar sound like a church-organ when i play the right
chords. Its amazing. Noise is also a huge factor for this new Album. Not the kind of Merzbow
Noise, more soft crackling, a bit of white noise, faulty transitions from my old Shortwave Radio
and that kind of thing. This really enhances the sounds in my opinion.

Here is the Artwork and the Tracklist. I will also post Samples in the coming Weeks.

:: Artwork ::

:: Tracklist ::

Side A
A Shiver in Red
Desirable Black
Interlude for Lovers (part one)
Various Colour Movements (part one)

Side B
A Shiver in White
Various Colour Movements (part two)
Interlude for Lovers (part two)
Love Noise

Hope you dont mind this little insult. But i am so glad about this record that i wanted to share
it with you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:28:34 AM by SiF »

southfacing

• View Profile
Re: Seconds in Formaldehyde - A Shiver in Red (Vinyl Record)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:04:51 AM »
WANT!

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:59:34 AM »
WANT!
You will get your Copy for free, Paul. I feel really sorry that i lost the contact to you,
but i have to be honest. I found the love of my life and i recorded the new Album so
this kind of took me of track. But that will change, as soon as the record is out, i promise. :)

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:20:37 AM »
Yes, the Master for the Vinyl Record was sent to the Label yesterday. So its up to the Pressing Plant and how fast they are.
Cant wait to have this Baby in my own Hands. There is so much passion and energy that was put into this Record and i cant
wait to hear if other people enjoy that one as much as i did while working on it.

There is also a big chance, that i will be playing at the Endpilot Festival among Bands like LOGH, KANGDING RAY, SCRAPS OF TAPE
or CELESTINE. I hope that i will have my new Visuals for that Evening, that will be done by a Guy called Erik Mijwaard better known
as Videotroopers. I hope to get the official "YES" from the Promoter by the end of this Week. Would be a big Step forward and also
a great chance to play parts of the new Album Live with stunning Visuals behind me. :)

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »
Yeah. I got the Spot for the Endpilot Festival. So excited about beeing part of the Line Up.
More Infos about that in the next Weeks.

You can now stream some of the Songs from my new Album "A Shiver in Red" on Last.fm
Hope you enjoy them.  :)

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Seconds+in+Formaldehyde
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:50:06 PM by SiF »

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
Hi Guys,

sorry for the long absence. Had to pull my shit together. There are a few news i would like to announce.

A Shiver in Red

Finally. By the end of this month, A Shiver in Red should be available on the wonderful Vinyl Format.
There is a new artwork for that one.

It will be released in an Edition of 300 Copies. There will also be a Limited Edition with another 12" (one-sided though)
that features 2 Outtakes (Both Various Colour Movements) since we had to take them from the normal pressing for
the sake of a better sound quality. That limited Edition will be limited to 100 Copies.

Construct, Unexposed and Calm & Serene are available as digital downloads

I put them up on Bandcamp. They are available in different formats (from mp3 to flac). So you basically get a lossless
file as download. The price is fair if you ask me. I mean, you get lossless files instead of shady 160kbs mp3 (even though
you could get them if you are a fan of mp3). I will also upload some more Stuff (Endpilot Festival 2009, Woodstock Record
Store Gig 2008 and so on. Basically Recordings of Live Performances i did over the last few years). So you may check out
the site on a regular base.

You can get the Albums here. http://secondsinformaldehyde.bandcamp.com/

That's basically it for the moment. I'm glad i am back here. It was always a pleasure to read some very informative stuff
about music.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
Welcome back to the forum, Martin.  It's good news that your project is moving forward, and I hope we'll continue to see you around here.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

mystified

• View Profile
    • Mystified Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »
Good luck with this! Droehnhaus makes good records, and I am glad yours is finally coming out.
Thomas Park
Mystified / Mister Vapor

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 06:14:29 AM »
Yippie. I got my Copies of the Record yesterday. The look brilliant and sound really great. I am incredibly proud that my first
official Record is finally here. Droehnhaus will take orders in early December, i would ship them out in probably a week from now.

There are two Editions. A Standard and a limited one (100 Copies with bonus one-sided 12").

Zeromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »
I wish I would have received my vinyl that I ordered over 5+ months ago.