burning 4 revenge:
Im thinking of creating a simple studio with used

(a) korg r3 (hard synth)

(b) boss dr-670 (drum machine)

(c) some tape recorders

(d) tascam dp-02 (8 track cd-recorder)

Do you think this would be adequate for industrial-ambient projects

hdibrell:
I would definitely look into picking up some effects (delays, reverbs, etc.).  There are plenty of reasonably priced units out there.     Harry

burning 4 revenge:

--- Quote from: hdibrell on February 13, 2009, 02:03:17 PM ---I would definitely look into picking up some effects (delays, reverbs, etc.).  There are plenty of reasonably priced units out there.     Harry

--- End quote ---
are there no such effects on the r3?

darkenedsoul:
That and effects pedals perhaps as previously mentioned. What about a hardware mixer for hooking everything into or a big midi rig (4 ins/outs minimum from your rig setup)?  I'm (when I decide to) using a Korg Extreme 61, Roland V-Synth for hardware synths, NI Komplete 2/4/5 instruments (when I feel like it...), samples, midiman 2x2 (only works currently with my XP install...no Vista 64 support still....). If I was to consider my guitar equipment I have the Line 6 Floor Pod Plus that I can hook in via midi as well which may allow me to muck around more with Guitar Rig 2/3 perhaps. At some point I need to sit down with one of my electrics and mess around and see what kind of madness I can concoct!

Mike

hdibrell:

--- Quote from: burning 4 revenge on February 13, 2009, 05:46:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: hdibrell on February 13, 2009, 02:03:17 PM ---I would definitely look into picking up some effects (delays, reverbs, etc.).  There are plenty of reasonably priced units out there.     Harry

--- End quote ---
are there no such effects on the r3?

--- End quote ---
I'm not real familiar with the R3, but I, personally have never been really satisfied with onboard effects when recording. I don't think you can go wrong with outboard gear. This is even more important when you start processing recorded sound from your recorders. Most of the people on this forum will probably agree , that the gear isn't all that important, it's what you do with what you have. I did a lot more music back in the '80's with a very minimal setup, than what I do now with a bunch of gear. Get your setup and start creating. That is what's important. Good luck and enjoy :)     Harry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version