Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 11917 times)

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
Re: Dreams
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 07:24:45 AM »
i had a dream last night. i dreamed that i'd had a dream. in that dream i'd had a dream in which i had also had another dream .....................
kinda like looking in a mirror in a mirror - a never ending dream. hey! there is an ambient composition there somewhere - or a moody blues song.
i dream, therefore i am. at least i think so.
of course you are, my bright little star..............
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

Wayne Higgins

• View Profile
    • Oenyaw
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 10:16:13 AM »
So, last night.  I had forgotten to buy something at a store, so I rushed over first thing in the morning and arrived before they opened.  I was in the store walking around.  I'm not sure of a "name", but it was a big place with really clean floors.  They hadn't turned all the light on yet, so I'm walking around in partial darkness.  It occurred to me that the only items in the store were major appliances, musical instruments, bicycles, and art supplies.  I realized that I didn't need anything in the store and was wondering why I had rushed to the store so early in the morning.  I was on my way out and realized that my shoe laces were untied.  Not only were they untied, they were getting longer.  I tied them and left the store, which was part of a big strip mall.  I walked around the corner and realized that the shoe laces were becoming a bigger problem.  The first store around the corner was a combination pet store and plasma center.  When I walked in, I noticed a really happy cute Aussie puppy that was slightly crippled, his neck wouldn't bend correctly.  The place was full of puppies, about a hundred or so.  I realized that this puppy would not become a lucky one, so I decided that I needed to devise a rescue plan.  I sat down and started to deal with the shoe lace problem again, and some woman was there with her daughter complaining about the government.  "God is punishing us for not electing John McCain" was her rant.  I told her that the economic crisis started long before the election and that I really didn't believe it was either candidates fault, or God's punishment.  She kept on, so I remarked "you can't argue with a sick mind", which drew a few chuckles from the other people in the store.  So, I cut off the shoe laces, handed them to her and said "Here, you deal with it", grabbed the crippled puppy and ran out the door.

The moral to the story (which was also part of the dream):  "If someone complains about the government, give them your shoelaces and rescue the puppy."

I'm not making this up.  I couldn't make this up.
So, I'm a "Sr Member", huh?  In June it's SENIOR DISCOUNT TIME!!!
http://oenyaw.net/
http://oenyaw.blogspot.com/

sraymar

• View Profile
    • Steve Raymar
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
So, last night.  I had forgotten to buy something at a store, so I rushed over first thing in the morning and arrived before they opened.  I was in the store walking around.  I'm not sure of a "name", but it was a big place with really clean floors.  They hadn't turned all the light on yet, so I'm walking around in partial darkness.  It occurred to me that the only items in the store were major appliances, musical instruments, bicycles, and art supplies.  I realized that I didn't need anything in the store and was wondering why I had rushed to the store so early in the morning.  I was on my way out and realized that my shoe laces were untied.  Not only were they untied, they were getting longer.  I tied them and left the store, which was part of a big strip mall.  I walked around the corner and realized that the shoe laces were becoming a bigger problem.  The first store around the corner was a combination pet store and plasma center.  When I walked in, I noticed a really happy cute Aussie puppy that was slightly crippled, his neck wouldn't bend correctly.  The place was full of puppies, about a hundred or so.  I realized that this puppy would not become a lucky one, so I decided that I needed to devise a rescue plan.  I sat down and started to deal with the shoe lace problem again, and some woman was there with her daughter complaining about the government.  "God is punishing us for not electing John McCain" was her rant.  I told her that the economic crisis started long before the election and that I really didn't believe it was either candidates fault, or God's punishment.  She kept on, so I remarked "you can't argue with a sick mind", which drew a few chuckles from the other people in the store.  So, I cut off the shoe laces, handed them to her and said "Here, you deal with it", grabbed the crippled puppy and ran out the door.

The moral to the story (which was also part of the dream):  "If someone complains about the government, give them your shoelaces and rescue the puppy."

The store may represent the range of life's prospects and rewards. This seems to tie in with state of the economy. Notice the store was dark and didn't have much.

Puppies are universal symbol of humanity's faithful companions and guides.

Shoes can denote authority and domination. You handed over your authority out of frustration to the woman who I think represents right wing rhetoric. You're more concerned with companionship than government or the economy.

Steve

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:16:17 PM by sraymar »
Ambient isn't just for technicians!

The artist isn't a special kind of man, but every man is a special kind of artist.

Don't be afraid to grow, give yourself a chance.

Wayne Higgins

• View Profile
    • Oenyaw
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »
quote Sraymar:
You're more concerned with companionship than government or the economy.
Good observation
So, I'm a "Sr Member", huh?  In June it's SENIOR DISCOUNT TIME!!!
http://oenyaw.net/
http://oenyaw.blogspot.com/