Author Topic: Where's Lloyd?  (Read 1150 times)

LLoyd

• View Profile
Where's Lloyd?
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:14:41 PM »
When Backroads Music "left the planet" last Fall (web site gone, 800# gone), there were no doors closed, as I have diligently continued in the same office, and am in the patient process of launching Lloyd Barde productions.  For the loyal and devoted customers (thanks to all!!) I still provide an amazing list of CDs for sale, current, older, rare, both new and previously played, and as stated, will continue to do so over the next couple years at the very least.  Simultaneously I am putting out feelers for music journalism/review writing (which i do extremely well), event production (I host a concert series in berkeley @ Rudramandir), artist representation and consulting,. DJing (aka DJ Heartbeat), and hosting events with my collaborator Elizabeth Rose Raphael, such as "Journey into Dance" etc.
If you would like to receive a list of CDs, simply send an email to me: lloyd@well.com.  And watch for the web site to appear in the next month:  www.lloydbarde.com
So what was the story?  The changing of the music biz was a big contributor --  I liken the music biz to a chalk mark on the sidewalk now -- as are the financial woes that have affected all media, business and aspects of the current state of things.  Gratefully, there is more great music now than ever, and lots of access.  I am still one of the sources for CDs, even though it is not my sole focus nor will I keep up with every title as before.  And the import titles, in particular have become difficult and too expensive to come by. 
Please note I consider this all to be a blessing, so while I have appreciated the sympathy, tragedy dramas, and "Help, where am I gonna get CDs now??" (I dunno, you haven't ordered from me in 4 yrs...!) these tunes do not need to be sung. As I said, it's a blessing and a chance to really expand and use my creativity and experience to do many of the things I love. Above all, everyone's wishing me well and expressing gratitude for the 27+ years of musical service are greatly appreciated.
I would love to hear from you --  new email: lloyd@well.com
It has always been all about the music, and that is not about to change, now or ever!
Blessings,  Lloyd