Author Topic: Saul Stokes w/Jason Sloan live  (Read 4653 times)

saulstokes

• View Profile
Saul Stokes w/Jason Sloan live
« on: March 13, 2009, 11:11:20 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm pleased to announce the following concert date in Philadelphia.  In Addition, my next album, Metacollage, will be available for purchase the night of the concert. I'll try and have some sound clips posted early next month.

Saul Stokes w/Jason Sloan live at
The Gatherings Concert Series
Saturday 18 April 2009 at 8:00pm at
St. Mary's Hamilton Village
3916 Locust Walk in Philadelphia, PA
www.thegatherings.org

Saul Stokes live on
STAR'S END Ambient Radio - 04.19.09 Broadcasting 1 to 6am
88.5FM WXPN Philadelphia
www.starsend.org

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: Saul Stokes w/Jason Sloan live
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:12:29 AM »
Great to hear, Saul.  Sounds like a cool double bill.  I take it that the Metacollage CD be in one of your hand forged CD packages?

Forrest

saulstokes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »
Hi Forrest,

Yes it's my wood case design but it's on a whole other level. First, the cd is actually manufactured instead of a home made cdr. Second, the cover stamp uses a high end Japanese ink made for wood. It's very crisp and looks like it was printed onto the wood versus a stamp. The artwork throughout was created by Brendan Dooley who created the artwork for Villa Galaxia. It comes with an internal satin finished professionally printed track card that's signed with the case number. I'll have images posted right before the Star's End show.

The music will be available on Itunes and Emusic etc. but I wanted to have something special for those who prefer a collectible.   

:)
s

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  I usually listen to Stars End anyway, but I'll have to make a special point.
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."

soma611

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »
Oh, no.  Not another box release!  I still haven't figured out how to open up the other two.  They're still virgins.   :P

It's great to hear you're coming back.  Looking forward to seeing you again, Saul.

Regards, 

Bill Beck
President, Vice President, Secretary & Treasurer
Saul Stokes Fan Club
PO Box Blip, Blip, Blip
Blip, NJ

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
I was unable to attend the Saul Stokes show in Philadelphia this past weekend, but Saul shared some photos of the event (photo credit to Jeff Towne) I thought some of you might enjoy seeing.

Also, Saul sold a limited edition CD Metacollage at the show, and we'll be offering copies of this CD for sale through the Hypnos store soon.

[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

darren bergstein

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
saul's set was absolutely superb, augmented by the video accompaniment that was some of the finest, synergistic imagery i've seen in an electronic music performance, certainly one of the more imaginative ones presented @ the gathering(s). saul remains a true original - he's apparently incapable of putting on a bad show, and he creates textures and rhythmic architecture (not to mention his particularly savvy ear for notes and filigree) that hold him head & shoulders above just about anyone doing this Electronica Thing of Ours. ;)

a bit tough to describe the sounds: he initiates palpable wedges of drift and circumstance that are punctuated with the odd resonance or filip that manages to never ape whatever genres have come down the pike before. he more or less provides the reasons why electronic music probably fascinates most of us: unheard-of sounds rendered flesh and set within new contexts that refuse to simply tow "idm/ambient/what-have-you" lines. the "metacollage" limited edition is also worth every penny, btw - buy or die! :)

DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: eimag@verizon.net