Author Topic: HELP: name this artist  (Read 15267 times)

Stellar Auditorium

• View Profile
Re: HELP: name this artist
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 09:36:22 AM »
Heh, I wonder if the guy from Endless Ascent posted this thread after the album had been "discovered" or if it was a funny coincidence. In any case, downloading it now, these three tracks were quite promising.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 09:37:15 AM »
Ahhh ... well done, Alan.
And yes I remember you saying it sounded a bit like Exuviae.

So, looks like everyone who enjoyed the few tracks I put up can
now download the whole thing for free.  Great. :)

And well done Exuviae --- nice album !
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Undershadow

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 10:13:59 AM »
It seems to have been a coincidence. Linking the threads:

Exuviae - Intrinsic Luminance - Now Available - Free Download!

Ferngerms

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 02:17:13 PM »
Alas....like I said it was unreleased.  How did you get it so early APK? 

Fern

Joe R

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »

Fern

I'll bet Anthony traveled forward through time to get it, probably on the back of a magical lammergeyer. I always suspected that Anthony was a bit otherworldly...

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »

Fern

I'll bet Anthony traveled forward through time to get it, probably on the back of a magical lammergeyer. I always suspected that Anthony was a bit otherworldly...

:D

Fern: Quite likely I received it as a demo submission to Dataobscura, but it got lost in the deep forest of my hard drives. Unfortunately.

Joe: You always were prescient in these matters.
(and the new Lammergeyer wil be on its way to you very soon) (its one of my best)
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Joe R

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »
Looking forward to the new one, Anthony. You may as well just send it when it's ready to go. 8)

abasio

• comatose hallucination connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »
Glad the mystery was solved! DLing the album now but to be honest I just can never appreciate a lot of music if I down purchase the physical product. There always seems to be something missing, like I don't feel the need to give it as many chances as I didn't buy it. Still nothing is lost when it's free so I still love net releases  :-*

Fern: Quite likely I received it as a demo submission to Dataobscura, but it got lost in the deep forest of my hard drives. Unfortunately.

Joe: You always were prescient in these matters.
(and the new Lammergeyer wil be on its way to you very soon) (its one of my best)

Sweet! Looking forward to that :)

bunkdata

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 07:11:13 AM »
Hey Gang!

Sorry I missed this thread over the last few weeks, I probably could have shed some light on this one a while ago! 

I know Brooks (Exuviae) was shopping this excellent release around to several labels a while back but he never heard back from any of them.  When I started up the Endless Ascent net.label, it gave him an opportunity to make some of his back catalog available to the public and with these releases being as good as they are I snatched them up right away! ;-)  Glad you guys were digging on the release even before it was released and happy to see it now getting the props it deserves!

I hope you enjoy the new Exuviae release and the future releases from Endless Ascent!

Best,
Nathan
www.endlessascent.com

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »
Well this is a very nice album, worthy of a release  8)  I've been enjoying it this morning, but did anyone notice that the track "Lost in the Details" and "Once Again" are possibly one and the same?  It's a great track none the less... now I wonder what other Exuviae music to check out.

bunkdata

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
Well this is a very nice album, worthy of a release  8)  I've been enjoying it this morning, but did anyone notice that the track "Lost in the Details" and "Once Again" are possibly one and the same?  It's a great track none the less... now I wonder what other Exuviae music to check out.

I was wondering if anyone would catch that!  ;)  "Once Again" is essentially the same track as "Lost in the Details" with some additional spatial treatments and the title is play on words.  The concept was to bring the listener back to the beginning before the final piece, "Wane and Flicker".

Hope this clears it up!

Best,
Nathan
www.endlessascent.com

Exuviae

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »
yes - BunkData speaks the truth.

I intended the title as a complete play on words, in lieu of the more traditional (reprise) after the same title. Tonally, they are nearly the same, with the main difference being a subtle shift in the dynamic effects used during post-mix.

Good ear Mr. Stephens!

Enjoy...

Brooks