Author Topic: Metacollage - A new album by Saul Stokes  (Read 3944 times)

saulstokes

• View Profile
Metacollage - A new album by Saul Stokes
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:29:42 PM »
Hi,

Just a note that Metacollage is now available for purchase. I have a page set up with sound files, videos, photos etc:

http://saulstokes.com/metacollage/index.html

Some professional photos have been taken of the album case. I think they're needed so you can get a good feeling as to the quality of the case. I won't have them up until tomorrow night. For those of you who prefer to purchase through Hypnos, I am in the process of sending a batch of them to Mike in the next day or two.  This album is also available on Itunes and Amazon. It will be available on Emusic any day now.

Thank you,
Saul

review from Chuck van Zyl (Star's End)
Most music is all about pairing notes. Electronic Music is all about pairing sounds. Saul Stokes is an artist who lives in sound. His album Metacollage (49'40") resides among his more Ambient and textural works. Made up of eight quietly complex brain churners, the music on this CD sounds as if electricity were expressing itself as music. Unique tones, ranging from the experimental to the pastoral, are arranged and combined into a most original music. Chimes ring under a digital cloud while raw waveforms are gently twisted, filtered and subdued into fascinating and ever-changing timbres. Jittery beeps slow into lovely melody as a cyber-lullaby forms amidst dulcet synth tones and echo feedback. The overall effect remains in the listening background, yet every now and then a piece does call attention to itself. There is something wondrous about the way this music is produced. While experimenting with his imagination Saul Stokes reveals himself in his work.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:48:02 PM by saulstokes »

saulstokes

• View Profile
Re: Metacollage - A new album by Saul Stokes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »
updated
 ;)

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »
This is a great solution to the packaging problem. Quality. Escape from the tyranny of the plastic slab of nothing. For those who appreciate it, the higher cost is worth it. The music is sounding very exciting to me. I am digging the more ambient style of this one...

Curious to know how others are reacting to this innovative arrangement.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:41:41 PM »
I've ordered one, too.  Very nice package and sounds like it will be another winner.  Will have to file it next my "Edge of the Forest" box.

Forrest

saulstokes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 08:56:30 PM »
Here are some photographs of the complete Metacollage package.  I have mailed out quite a few promotional copies so I'm hoping to post some reviews soon.

http://www.saulstokes.com/metacollage/index.html

Saul

saulstokes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »
Hi folks. I wanted to let you know that Bill will be playing the entire Metacollage album tomorrow night.   :o

Saul Stokes
This Thursday, the Featured CD at Midnight will be Metacollage.  Tune in for the chance to win a copy of your own.  There will be two winners!

Galactic Travels airs every Thursday at 11:04 pm
Eastern US Timezone (EDT/GMT-4/ITZ-5)

On-line
http://www.wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2009/focus.html#aug

Standard FM Radio
88.1 FM Allentown / Bethlehem / Lehigh Valley
93.9 FM Easton / Phillipsburg
93.7 FM Fogelsville / Trexlertown

Digital HD Radio
88.1 FM