Author Topic: Ableton Live 8 out now!  (Read 2671 times)

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
Ableton Live 8 out now!
« on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »
I ordered boxed version and downloaded it from the site. It doesn't come with EIC2 and latin percussion on the download (big download btw). It contains new instrument collision and a new audio effect as well as an updated Operator. I installed it on both systems (daw and laptop daw) but haven't messed with it much yet. Has new looper tool as well as other stuff. Update from Live 7 suite to 8 suite was $229 (plus applicable tax) with $30 discount. Not bad considering cost of previous 2 upgrades were ~$400 from 5->6 and 6->7.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
Re: Ableton Live 8 out now!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:51:03 PM »
Wow, lots of views but no comments? They are working on 8.0.2 beta at the moment. It hasn't been released yet....testing for ~1 week so far. Hopefully it'll be out soon with some good fixes for bugs reported/previously not fixed yet.

Blackinfinity

Re: Ableton Live 8 out now!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
I have been trying Ableton live for the past 2 days. I was very skeptical at first, the very minimalistic  interface did scare me away a little bit at first...
But I am now understand it's charm better...so far I have had no crashes it seems stable..unlike Sonar.

What Ableton is all about is the workflow and to perform music Live, this DAW is simply the best I have seen when it comes to work flow for Live music.
I will still be using Sonar for some other of my music, but for my electronic/ambient music I will definitely use Ableton, cause it offers such possibilities to
control and perform music in real time unlike any other DAW I have seen.