Author Topic: New cd release.  (Read 1928 times)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
New cd release.
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
hello,

I am excited to inform the hypnos forum members of the release of my first cd entitled " Living at a higher frequency." The double cd is a selection of electronic music written over a 5 year period.
If you have a moment, you can listen to some of the tracks on my website digitalvoices.us

I am especially pleased to bring this to the attention of the forum members as the music that is released on the Hypnos / Binary labels is a source of inspiration for me.

All the best......Julio

hdibrell

• View Profile
Re: New cd release.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
Hi Julio,  Interesting sounding music. I just ordered it and look forward to listening to it more deeply.   Harry
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
hi harry,

thanks.....when you have had some time with the cd I would love to hear your thoughts!

kind regards.....julio

Anodize DB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:38:02 PM »
Very impressive indeed, Julio, so much so that I just went & ordered a copy! You have an interesting variety of textures winding their way through both discs, the sounds of which seem to court both familiar ambient vocabularies as well as new directions in "glitch"-based sequencer music. Look forward to investigating further once the album arrives.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:42:45 PM by ubikman »
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Anodize / tactile visual audio /  www.anodizesound.com / www.otperiphery.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: anodizesound@verizon.net

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 08:26:36 PM »
hi darren,

thanks for your keen insight into the music..... never thought about glitch aspects in the music but I think there is an element in it.  I believe I have a certain way of programming a synth that can be edgy / glitchy and I try to balance this with soft melody and warm tones, though this is not something I am consciously aware of......certainly a synth like the waldorf q and its amazing wavetables contribute alot to the glitch based sequencing you are referring to.  again thanks for your perspective, its refreshing to hear things in my own music that were not that clear to me.  enjoy the cd.

atb.....julio