Author Topic: New Paul Vnuk CD & Live performance tonight!  (Read 3484 times)

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
New Paul Vnuk CD & Live performance tonight!
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »
Ok...I know its on Atmoworks, but I am still a Hynos artist too, plus Mike did the pressing (thanks again Mike).

So anyway: I have a new CD which has just been released on the Atmoworks label titles: "Hymn Of Tongues" and it was recorded in rehearsals for and at my 1st ever live solo performance at the City Skies Festival in Atlanta, Georgia last year.

Speaking of City Skies I will be performing tonight at this year's festival. I will be doing a hugely improvised duet with a percussionist called Klimchak who plays the Buchla Marimba Lumina and Theremin among other things. I will be using a wavedrum, handsonic, remo mondo-snare, rhodes keyboard bass, yamaha ex-5r and live loopers. The performance will be streamed live on www.stillstream.com (which you can also access through I-tunes in the radio station section).

Info on my new cd can be found right on the home page at www.atmoworks.com

If you check out the stillstream broadcast tonight, be sure to stop by the chatroom and say hello. My performance is at 11pm eastern, and as a further fun note Tony Gerber and John Rose of Spacecraft will be doing a rare duet performance in the slot prior to mine.

Paul
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

Shane Morris

• View Profile
Re: New Paul Vnuk CD & Live performance tonight!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
Really enjoyed you and Klimchak at City Skies! Nice work!

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »
Thanks Shane! It was great meeting you!
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

MarkM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:36:27 AM »
I just noticed this thread.  I wished I had seen your performance. But at least I saw you and Klim perform last year.  Are you two going to have the performance available on the CS archives site?