Author Topic: slow (like molasses) music mailorder  (Read 2309 times)

drone on

• View Profile
slow (like molasses) music mailorder
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »
Although it's unreasonable to expect every mailorder/online music company to be as quick as Amazon, I've run into some recently that really do take their time in getting out items, and I really don't understand this.  The worst offender: RADIO MASSACRE INTERNATIONAL.  These guys proclaim all orders will ship within 7 days of payment, yet my last order shipped 16 days after payment.  Another RMI order I placed before that was similar, took almost 3 weeks to get my item...  I finally received a LOTUSPIKE order after almost 2 weeks, which was shipped from the same state I live in.  I placed an order on a Monday, and that weekend received a message stating my order had shipped.  When I finally received it at the end of the following week, the postmark indicated it shipped two days after it had supposedly already shipped.  Music mail order with speedy delivery: HYPNOS, DiN, Rapoon--they are consistently excellent!

uhurit

• View Profile
Re: slow (like molasses) music mailorder
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »
To add to the list of speedy shippers: and/oar label + projekt. Rapoon CD's make it to WI from England in 3 days

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
i agree, many official big distributers via Amazon (i look at Caiman for instance) claim they ship within a few days, which is 'simply' not true. It's all commercial talk and misleading. Their packages also don't have any trace of date when being shipped out..

A few distributors do what they claim and has fast shipping indeed, the likes; and/OAR, Projekt, Steve Roach, Databloem, Kranky for instance and many more of course. One i can blame for lousy ridiculous matters of shipping and service in general is Students of Decay, these (pre-)orders take many months up till a year to finance them beforehand.. Once they are released and distributed around, i'm still awaiting my orders for many more months to come without any further notice from them.. I do know now i placed my last order with them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:18:36 AM by jim02 »

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:28:22 PM »
I don't even bother with pre-orders anymore.  Inevitably there's some kind of snafu. 

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »
for some odd reason i have not had any timeliness issues with any cd's i have ordered online. someone on another thread complained about backroads. lloyd shipped more quickly than anyone - or at least as quickly. right now mike is as quick as anyone - so yay mike!
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
Thanks, but it's all due to Lena, not me.  When Hypnos Mail Order was up to me, things were less consistent than they are now.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »
Yup! Lena's the best! :)
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »
I guess I've been pretty lucky.  I haven't had too many problems.  Backroads was quick; Hypnos is quick; just got a shipment of four CDs (and a complimentary ball point pen) from AD Music across the Atlantic in under a week.  I'm happy.  ;D
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."