Author Topic: Steve Brand & Ishq Collaboration on AtmoWorks July 17  (Read 1083 times)

Steve Brand

• View Profile
Steve Brand & Ishq Collaboration on AtmoWorks July 17
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »
July 17 on AtmoWorks.com, Ishq/Steve Brand double disk collaboration: "Spiritual Science" and "The Voice From Home."

I've been an Ishq (Matt Hiller) fan for about 3-4 years. I found his as part of my complete immersion in Ultimae material (Ishq kept showing up in the "If you like this, you'll like this" area of iTunes). I bought "Orchid" and was hooked. I love his atmospheres and beats, the delicacy and expressiveness of feeling, and his intuitive and spiritual approach to music. Really feels like home to me. Anyway, Matt has some free loops of his sounds on his site and I couldn't resist. I used some in a piece and sent the piece to him, Matt kindly responded. I then suggested a collaboration, he quickly sent me an entire DVD of unique material, and here we are. Very easy and organic. I think everyone will really enjoy these disks which are a very nice mingling of our individual sounds; you can hear the Ishq influence, but overall, probably a bit of a darker journey than his own work, but still spacious, organic, emotive.

This release will be a 2-disk release:
Disk 1 - "Spiritual Science"
1. Soft Temples 24:13
2. Flame of Nuit 17:08
3. Nature is Sung 34:00

Disk 2 - "The Voice From Home"
One 50:42 long atmospheric track intended for continuous play.

The release will be available in disk and in download from AtmoWorks.com, and will feature some beautiful covers and photography from myself and my wife, Jill, that capture the vivid nature of the material...the spiritual science behind the work.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:34:35 PM by Steve Brand »