Author Topic: question  (Read 1896 times)

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
question
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
i used an ebow on my electric bass and - wow - it blew me away! the feedback around the electric pick up is quite vibrant, to say the least.
have any of you tried this? and do you have a bit of a problem getting the E string to work with the ebow? i also used a violin bow and the E works but not much of an effect. the G string is amazing with the vbow.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

jeff pearce

• View Profile
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
Hey Jim,

Under the "picture is worth a thousand words" category, check out what Michael Manring does with TWO ebows on his bass: 
  make note of where he places the ebow in relation to the pickups.

And for a song that is just plain beautiful, check out what Michael does with multiple re-tunings during a song: 

hope this is helpful,

Jeff

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »
Hi Jim,  Yeah, I have used an ebow on my fretless bass and it is amazing. I also have problems getting the E string to vibrate. Once it does, it sounds great!     Harry
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »
Hey Jim,

Under the "picture is worth a thousand words" category, check out what Michael Manring does with TWO ebows on his bass:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx1RccwlF5g  make note of where he places the ebow in relation to the pickups.

And for a song that is just plain beautiful, check out what Michael does with multiple re-tunings during a song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY4Ra2KOyas

hope this is helpful,

Jeff
extremely helpful, jeff. i learned a lot jut watching his technique. very cool style.
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »
Hi Jim,  Yeah, I have used an ebow on my fretless bass and it is amazing. I also have problems getting the E string to vibrate. Once it does, it sounds great!     Harry
it does sound great when it starts humming. if i give it a pluck it will get going and then it is awesome.
jim
www.rigelorionis.com