Author Topic: upcoming raison d'Ítre album  (Read 2771 times)

DeepR

• View Profile
upcoming raison d'Ítre album
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »
'The Stains of the Embodied Sacrifice'

Check out this impressive teaser

http://raisondetre.coldmeat.se/

Sounds very promising if you ask me. Really looking forward to this.

drone on

• View Profile
Re: upcoming raison d'Ítre album
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Sounds good.  Are you into Arcana? There's a solo album out now by Peter Bjargo that looks cool.

nuun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »
hi,
you can find some samples of Peter Bjargo solo record here : http://www.myspace.com/mrbjargo
it sounds like Arcana, not Sophia, and some flavors from Peter Ulrich.

now peter anderson
i loved raison d'Ítre til "The empty hollow unfolds". I must admit that the following releases didn't leave me such a good impression : too noisy and metallic for me. For example, "The luminous experience".
To me, Raison d'etre lost its personal touching and melancholic aura that bathed his indutrial ambient vein.

i just hope his next release will give more place to this special signature built in the 90ies and made this project a very interesting and unique musical world.

Blackinfinity

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:47:46 PM »
Reminds me very much of Aeoga from Finaland.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 12:37:05 AM »
Yes, I've noticed a much more industrial sound to RD these last several years, and I miss the earlier style as well.  I ordered the Bjargo disc from Projekt, sounds very Arcana-like, which is a good thing in my book.

Numina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:34 AM »
I'm a big Arcana and RD fan myself.  Arcana simply blows me away... "Inner Pale Sun" is sheer brilliance.  A personal top favorite... and playing it right now!

Also I'm an old school RD fan.  The first few albums were pivotal for me in changing the way I thought about music (along with Roach's Dreamtime Return).  I do like the later stuff as well, but like you, not as much.  Peter Andersson has so many side projects I'm surprised he changed the format for RD as much as he did (albiet not too far gone).

Another recent release you guys should check out is the new Soriah (with Ashkelon Sain) on Projekt.  Wow, very nice throat singing with cool tribal rhythms and synth washes.  Good stuff.

J.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:40:05 PM by Numina »

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »
I have the Soriah, awesome stuff.  Very Jorge Reyes-like with a bit more "modern" sound.

Robert Logan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 05:33:29 AM »
I didn't know about raison díÍtre's music, but I've been exploring it after reading this thread. It really is great: it's wonderful to hear ambient music with this kind of punch - some of it has got a real visceral energy to it. I suppose I should investigate the rest of the label, too.

teo

• View Profile