I've been drinking water out of this soda cup all day, the kind they give you when you get a Coke with your lunch. You know, I finished the Diet Coke and kept refilling it with water all day from this big just of filtered water I carry with me each day. When I got to the end of the water jug, I took the lid off the cup to throw it away, and I found this:
How I managed to re-fill the cup 6-8 times without noticing the bug, I do not know.
Worse yet, this bug was still alive and trying to climb up the side of the cup. How is this possible? How much bug excreta did I ingest during the day? Is it possible the bug was in my water jug, rather than in the cup? I feel sorry for the little dude having to tread water all day, whether he lived in the cup or in the jug.
I feel this is very gross but not as gross as if I had swallowed the bug.