Author Topic: Lexicon Goes Native  (Read 14344 times)

Blackinfinity

Re: Lexicon Goes Native
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »

Any chance of posting some samples ?. I'm keen to hear if this 'verb is as great as its supposed to be.

cheers
Pete

Sure I can, if you have any special request, of sounds you want to hear..just let me know...

The vintage Plate is by far my favorite of these algorithms.  Well anyway...this plugin is absolutely mind blowing...
It feels like all other software plugins I have tried is just one layer of sound, the lexicon feels like 8 layers of sound which create a much bigger structure of sound...

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 06:59:17 AM »

Piano and clean guitar would be interesting. If not, whatever you think works well.

cheers
Pete

Blackinfinity

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 07:20:23 PM »

Piano and clean guitar would be interesting. If not, whatever you think works well.

cheers
Pete

ok I can try to do some samples over the weekend...
For the Hall and and Vintage Plate algorithm. These two are my favorites.

I assume yo are mostly interested in longer reverbs... I do use 13 seconds of decay time and
I will show how it sond dry and at 35% and at 65% and 100%.  Or maybe just 65% ...

You might not think 13 seconds is long, but I have noticed you need way less decay time on the Lexicon reverbs
to get that big massive sound compared to other software reverbs, the maximum decay time supported is about 92 seconds, so it should be enough, I could do a 92 second long reverb tail if some one is interested to hear that...

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »
I did the 92 second thing on the PCM 96...its really sick.

Strike one note and then go get a coffee or lunch...
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

Blackinfinity

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 10:30:43 PM »
actually it is 157 seconds on the plugin.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »
Paul White's conclusion on the Lexicon plugins, in recent Sound On Sound:

"There have been native reverbs that are ‘good for the price’ or ‘impressive given their low CPU overhead’ — Sonnox’s Oxford Reverb is probably as good as any — but until now, there’s never been a native synthetic reverb plug-in to rival high-end hardware. Aether, by 2C Audio, is most impressive for special effects and plate-type reverbs but, to my ears, it doesn’t come close to the Lexicon in room and hall emulation; nor does it have that Lexicon magic that lets you set the reverb as loud as the dry signal without washing everything out in mud. In fact, the closest to hardware performance I’ve heard to date comes on the TC Powercore and Universal Audio UAD platforms, where the reverb gets DSP assistance from a card or external box; Lexicon’s Native Reverb is the first I’ve heard to provide this quality in a purely native plug-in."
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Blackinfinity

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 12:04:18 AM »
Paul White's conclusion on the Lexicon plugins, in recent Sound On Sound:

"There have been native reverbs that are ‘good for the price’ or ‘impressive given their low CPU overhead’ — Sonnox’s Oxford Reverb is probably as good as any — but until now, there’s never been a native synthetic reverb plug-in to rival high-end hardware. Aether, by 2C Audio, is most impressive for special effects and plate-type reverbs but, to my ears, it doesn’t come close to the Lexicon in room and hall emulation; nor does it have that Lexicon magic that lets you set the reverb as loud as the dry signal without washing everything out in mud. In fact, the closest to hardware performance I’ve heard to date comes on the TC Powercore and Universal Audio UAD platforms, where the reverb gets DSP assistance from a card or external box; Lexicon’s Native Reverb is the first I’ve heard to provide this quality in a purely native plug-in."

Do you have the link to the whole review ?
Would be interesting to see his analysis.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »
The whole review is in the most recent Sound On Sound magazine, you'd need to subscription to see it on line.
http://www.soundonsound.com
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Blackinfinity

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »
I have read it now... well the conclusion did say it all.. I guess the manual really gives a better insight in depth of the plugin...
Well..there should be no doubt any any ones mind now that has the same quality as the hardware units.. but in software form.

Sunbreak Music

• View Profile
    • Sunbreak Music, High Resolution Stereo Mastering
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 08:08:29 AM »
I have read it now... well the conclusion did say it all.. I guess the manual really gives a better insight in depth of the plugin...
Well..there should be no doubt any any ones mind now that has the same quality as the hardware units.. but in software form.
The doubt will be removed when I've heard it myself.  I'm funny that way.   ;D
Cass Anawaty, Mastering Engineer
www.sunbreakmusic.com

Blackinfinity

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 03:02:12 PM »
The doubt will be removed when I've heard it myself.  I'm funny that way.   ;D

Well considering the algoritms are identical, the doubts should be small...
I am really interested to hear PCM70 also...it has a different sound...I know Roach like it a lot..