Author Topic: Alio Die  (Read 15236 times)

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
Re: Alio Die
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
I believe that track appeared on the Flight of Real Image reissue from a few moons ago.

I've learned to be suspicious when AD contributes sample food to other releases, as they are not always used responsibly.  The Gaudi/Testa CD on em:t went right into the dunk tank!   ;)

Undershadow

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »
Right. so it did: http://www.discogs.com/release/787265 (track 9)

Brian, AD should practise ethical source hosting, and only trade with responsible appropriators  ;)

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 08:33:30 AM »
Alan, are you on Discogs?  I'd love to have a browse through your record collection.  It took me a long time, but I managed to get all of my stuff cataloged on there.  Nice to have a listing all in one place.

Undershadow

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »

Iím on discogs, but my collection isnít. Not yet anyway. I kind of blanch at the thought of it  :-\, to be honest, Brian. It must have been satisfying for you to get it all up there in one place, though. With the best will in the world, I really wouldn't envisage having the time to do it from scratch <looks behind uneasily at bookshelves and in front queasily at My Computer folders:o

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 09:56:38 AM »
It took me a couple of years, since they control the submissions!  But I finally did it.  (I did most of it at the office in downtimeódon't tell anybody!óbut your time is probably better spent writing about the stuff....)

The wantlist feature is super handy, though.  Tough to keep track of all the new releases otherwise.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »
My first reaction to Alio Die's new album, "Aura Seminalis," was my jaw dropping to the floor at how absolutely CELESTIAL this recording is.  I am close to concluding this is the definitive AD album he has been working towards for the last, what almost 20 years now? A beautiful distillation of his sound and an incredibly spiritual trip.  Some forumites have commented it doesn't sound like AD, but I feel just the opposite: this is AD all the way, no mistaking it. The ghostly, mournful Gregorian chants, DEEP drones... this is Alio Die's magnum opus!!  If I had to compare it to other previous works, I'd say "Door of Possibilities" and "Descendre Cinq Lacs..."  It's a shame this CD will not be more widely distributed (only avail. from the website) because it is one every fan who's ever loved Stefano Musso's work has just got to hear.  Bravo Stefano!!!

zappamusic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »
hello all,

I agree the new Alio Die - Aura Seminalis is a great cd,one of the best he ever made.
I bought mine on internet through Databloem.com.

greetings,

zappamusic

truth is not beauty,
beauty is not love,
love is not music,
music is the best.

zappa

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 03:56:22 PM »
Damnit, you guys are driving me crazy now! Must get hold of new Alio Die! Thought I was done buying cds for a long while...it never ends...

Joe R

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 04:01:53 PM »
Boy, all this raving about Aura Seminalis has really got me intrigued! I ordered mine from Stefano, should get it next week.

I just received Eleusian Lullaby, and while I like it, I still prefer Apsaras -which for me is one of those one-in-a-million drop-dead-gorgeous CDs.

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 02:04:44 AM »
you can check the mp3-excerpts of 3 new upcoming Alio Die (-collaborations.) on his site; www.aliodie.com
it all sounds very good again, something to look forward to!

nuun

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Hi,
Alio Die is undoubtly an ambient master.
Looking back on his dense discography, I can say that only three solo releases are enough to get to the point of his special style : Under an holy ritual, Suspended Feathers and Aura seminalis.
Besides, his collaborative projects are great too. My most beloved are : Fissures (with Robert Rich), Apsaras (with Amelia Cuni) and Ad infinitum (in Sola translatio, with Opium).
Above all, are Suspended Feathers and Aura seminalis.

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 07:42:44 AM »
4 new discs/digipacks ready to go shortly including one with Mathias Grassow. artwork looks terrific!
looking forward to these a lot!

9dragons

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
Listening to Aura Seminalis and Tempus Re as winter has been coming on. These albums are simply great, maybe the crowning achievements in Stefano's catalogue. I still don't have the third in the trilogy, but will get it at some point.

spore

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 03:34:48 AM »
Listening to Aura Seminalis and Tempus Re as winter has been coming on. These albums are simply great, maybe the crowning achievements in Stefano's catalogue. I still don't have the third in the trilogy, but will get it at some point.
You MUST get it. If you liked 'Aura Seminalis' and 'Tempus Rei' you will definitely love 'Horas Tibi Serenas'. I think it's his best work to date. 'Into The Labyrinth Garden' is just so perfectly crafted. It never bores me a second. The atmosphere present on that album is just amazing in general. So serene and it has this mystical quality to it. It also manages to suit my mood everytime I listen to it, whenever I'm happy or just feeling down. Highly recommend to anyone on this forum!

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »
I'm having my Alio Die weekend  8). I cannot but say that his latest 4 releases (Tripudium Naturae, Praha Meditiations, Il Giardino Ermeneutico and La Sala dei Cristalli) are among the best in his catalogue, although he's never released anything bad (well there are some songs, like the first on Suspended Feathers that I don't like). Especially Tripudium... and Il Giardino... Especially Il Giardino... hit my attention. I simply love the sound of the acoustic instruments. Godly music. And the artwork of the digipaks... sublime. Such beauty could never be reached by a "download only" release, something would be missing... well that's another thread

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »
My words about latest 4 Alio Die releases too!!! Masterfully beautiful sonic and visual journeys by Alio Die (and by Zeit, Mathias Grassow & Mariolina Zitta too), all released at one day, so it was really difficult to absorb all that graceful and tranquil music when it arrived into my mailbox some weeks ago. Stefano and his fellow musicians keep on impressing. Difficult to pick up my fave, but maybe I would go for "Il Giardino Ermeneutico" with Zeit, just like Wanterkeelt said. I even did a little review of it few weeks ago, so feel free to read it on my profile page on Discogs. Keep on enjoying this music... :)

Richard