Author Topic: Alio Die  (Read 7059 times)

headonist

• trawling around
    • View Profile
Alio Die
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »
I have listened alot to "Suspended Feathers" in the past but never ventured beyond this. Recently I have felt like I should indulge further into this man's work, but it seems he has quite a numerous of outputs. So what would you recommend from him? Something I shouldn't miss?

uhurit

• View Profile
Re: Alio Die
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »
Everything he ever did is a classic, IMO...with the exception of his Five Thousand Spirits side project

Blackinfinity

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:20 PM »
His best releases are...

Alio Die & Mathias Grassow - Expanding Horizon (2002)
Robert Rich & Alio Die - Fissures (1997)
Alio Die - Aura Seminalis (2008)
Alio Die - Incantamento (2001)
Alio Die & Saffron Wood - The Sleep of Seeds (2003)
Alio Die - Tempus Rei (2008)

The rest of his albums is also good...

headonist

• trawling around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:44:48 PM »
uhurit, with you saying that, makes me feel confident to pick up whatever disc I may find. thanks.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »
I would vote for his 90s albums

Sit Tibi Terra Levis
Under An Holy Ritual
The Flight Of Real Image
The Door Of Possibilities
Suspended Feathers
Fissures (with Robert Rich)
Password For Entheogenic Experience
The Hidden Spring
Healing Herb's Spirit (with Antonio Testa)
Le Stanze Della Trascendenza
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
I'd go with Mike's list of 90's releases, although two of my favorites (in my Top 5) were pretty recent: Aura Seminalis, Corteggiando Le Messi (w/Saffron Wood).  The only one to really avoid would be Angels Fly Souvenir, with its ambient "snoring."  You snooze, you lose on that one  :D

Blackinfinity

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »
I'd go with Mike's list of 90's releases, although two of my favorites (in my Top 5) were pretty recent: Aura Seminalis, Corteggiando Le Messi (w/Saffron Wood).  The only one to really avoid would be Angels Fly Souvenir, with its ambient "snoring."  You snooze, you lose on that one  :D

Strange, I love that snore sound :D
Really nice to listen to in bed.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
Everything he ever did is a classic, IMO...with the exception of his Five Thousand Spirits side project

Really?  I've never heard 5000 spirits, aside from the sound samples on Alio Die's website.  I like the little electronic effects.  In fact, of what I've heard of his work, I prefer most of Alio Die's projects with other artists... Fissures, Echo Passage, etc.  He seems to use more restraint while working with others, and to good effect.

uhurit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »

Really?  I've never heard 5000 spirits, aside from the sound samples on Alio Die's website.  I like the little electronic effects.  In fact, of what I've heard of his work, I prefer most of Alio Die's projects with other artists... Fissures, Echo Passage, etc.  He seems to use more restraint while working with others, and to good effect.

His 5000 Spirits project always sounded too synthetic, Berlin-ish school to me...sorry for a lame description

Parallel Worlds

• Unreal-time player
    • View Profile
    • Official Parallel Worlds Website
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »

Really?  I've never heard 5000 spirits, aside from the sound samples on Alio Die's website.  I like the little electronic effects.  In fact, of what I've heard of his work, I prefer most of Alio Die's projects with other artists... Fissures, Echo Passage, etc.  He seems to use more restraint while working with others, and to good effect.

btw, i find his '5000 spirits' project albums very good! synthetic and really good! i have most of them.

headonist

• trawling around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »
I made up my mind....and went with...

Alio Die - Aura Seminalis
Alio Die - Password for Entheogenic Experience
Alio Die - Incantanmento

I'll see how these works for me. If they sound good in the stereo I might get some more :)

Blackinfinity

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
I made up my mind....and went with...

Alio Die - Aura Seminalis
Alio Die - Password for Entheogenic Experience
Alio Die - Incantanmento

I'll see how these works for me. If they sound good in the stereo I might get some more :)

Good choice, I can't remember "password"  but the other two is very nice. Incantanmento is kind of "glurpy" if you like that a lot of nature/water sounds, very nice deep listening music in the bed.

headonist

• trawling around
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
I also like listening in the bed. Now the whole www knows that  ;D

Blackinfinity

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
I also like listening in the bed. Now the whole www knows that  ;D

Yes, it is the best place for listenin to music, unfortunatly I can only do it for a limited period of time.
I do not feel like laying in the bed with the mindfold on and listening to music all day :)

Usually I listen to music infront of the computer... it is quite disrespectful to the music..that you do not give it
full attention though... but..yeah

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »
Listening when half asleep is one of the best ways to experience music, especially the amient kind...Wondrous and strange dreams result.

One of my favorite Alio Die works is his collaboration, Sola Translatio, Mother Sunrise, out on Hypnos. Such a glorious trance inducer...

I have to rise up and mention that the 5000 Spirits material, given time, is amazing. Give it some play...