Author Topic: Taalem (4 Japanese Gems)  (Read 2148 times)

Ferngerms

• View Profile
Taalem (4 Japanese Gems)
« on: November 26, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »
Sorry for posting about this so late...I know many of you enjoy the sounds of Chihei Hatakeyama and company....anyhow this label out of France "Taalem" just released 4x3" cdr's that include exclusive material from these four artists:

Chihei Hatakeyama - White Sun
Polypraha - Jule
Nature Of Dislocation - Elements
Saito Koji - Prayer

For a limited time the label was offering a box with additional material from each artists which ended being 5X3" CDR's...however blink and you missed it availability....for those who know nothing about this label do not hesitate picking up Yui Onodera's "Le Jardin" or Opium's "Etere"....both being wonderful ambient atmospheres....and for those that enjoy the heavy enviromental water drones check out the release from Mathias Deplanque "ma chambre quand je n'y suis pas (paris)" and Michael Northam "memory of A".  I also happen to enjoy the work from Tzesne, Spiracle (very similiar to repress available on Helen Scarsdale) on the label as well....give it shot if you tend to like the artists I just mentioned.

Fernando

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Taalem (4 Japanese Gems)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »
Do you have a link to their site?

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
Oh, it's OK I did a search and found their website. Holy smokes! Lots of cool drone artists here, many I'm familiar with from Mystery Sea.  I feel a big order coming on from this label very soon.  Love the on-disc artwork for these releases, as well. 

Ferngerms

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
Hope you like the releases...if you enjoy the mystery sea catalog...this is pretty much the same stuff but released on 3"...keep your eyes on this label during 2010 as I have a feeling they might do the box thing again...or at least I hope they do it again.  I think Celer has plans to drop a 3" later in 2010 as do a variety of favorite drone artists.

Fernando

fleabag

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
picked up the Chihei and Saito cd's and really looking forward to them. What a shame the almbox set has sold out  :'(  For Chihei fans there's also a new release here > http://boid-s.ocnk.net/product/80  I'm not sure how to order it though!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:47:53 AM by fleabag »

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:51:22 AM »
just ask Boid to send you a paypal invoice, would be 1800 yen.
did myself a few days ago  ;)
though i'm not sure what to expect..

there will be also the Sunroom CD (pre-order) on studentofdecay.com, featuring both Opitope (Chihei & Date) and Asuna, soundclips are nice!

fleabag

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 12:49:48 PM »
I just emailed boid, let's see what they say!

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »
I ordered about 8 of Taalem's 3" CDR's, can't wait to receive these.  According to their newsletter they'll release something by Celer and Voice of Eye soon.

taalem

• View Profile
    • ta‚lem
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »
well well, i've just registered here and i'm delighted to read these words of praise. many thanks, i hope you'll all like the discs! :)

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »
Thanks for turning me on to this label, Ferngerms.  I received package of 8 of these 3" CDR's and they are all very, very good: Dronaement (delicate melodic tinkly piano ambience w/experimental edge), Brian Lavelle (Alio Die fans will love this), Moljebka Pvlse (wintery drones), Desaccod Majeur (tribal ambient, a bit Rapoon-like), Opium (should be known to all A.Die/Hypnos fans), Aalfang Mit Pferdekopf/Emerge (organic droney w/ a ritual edge), Horchata vs. Sil Muir (deep drift drone featuring Andrea Marutti of Amon/Never Known fame), Hum (it hums and drones!).   :)