Author Topic: What I Scored In A Sales Bin!!!!!  (Read 1676 times)

Ferngerms

• View Profile
What I Scored In A Sales Bin!!!!!
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »
Ok, pardon me for going a bit nuts on this most but I am incredible happy for what I just scored in a local record store sales bin....perhaps I am lucky or I live in a city where people express no interest in ambient, experimental, etc.  I will list the prices as I already had 14 of the 16 releases I bought but I could not let this music sit in a dilapidated dusty and dirty shelf.....

Rod Modell with Keith Hanton - Illuminati Audio Science - $5
Rod Modell - Vibrasound (The Deepchord Years 1999-2004) - $5
Keith Berry - A Strange Feather - $5
Paul Bradley - Sophia Drifts + 3" - $5
Human Mesh Dance - Thesecretnumbertwelve - Used Very Good Condition $6
O Yuki Conjugate - Scene In Mirage - (I've never heard of this before) $6
William Basinski - Melancholia - $5
White Rainbow - Box - $15
Climax Golden Twins - Session 9 - $7
Lull/Origami Arktika - Spit - $6
Various - Lower Case Comp - $10
Tim Hecker - Mort Aux Vaches - $7
Sogar - Apikal.blend - $5
Busso De La Lune - Around Borderline - $6
Dub Tractor - Delay - Used $7
Kerry Leimer - Imposed Order 12" - $5

( I will also mention that at this same shop about five years ago I found a copy of the Thomas Koner - "Unerforschtes Gebeit" for the sum of $10 and they have helped me complete my Alio Die collection, William Basinski Collection, Andrew Chalk Collection, etc  Although in the last year the selection of music has been decimated they used to have about three book cases rammed with experimental, ambient, and a whold bunch of strange music from all over the world....they used to carry  a lot of music that was available from the Anomalous distribution service....pity that now the music selection fits on 1/2 of one bookcase....very sad indeed very sad)

Fernando

headonist

• trawling around
    • View Profile
Re: What I Scored In A Sales Bin!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:06:33 PM »
I used to listen alot to that Vibrasound CD, lovely isn't it ;)

Ferngerms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
Absolutley....I have the vinyl on deepchord recordings as well which is just a lovely when you get those warm pops added in...funny how imperfections can enhance music sometimes....can't say that for CD or Digital downloads....but vinyl hiss and cracks add depth and dimension to the music....

Fern

headonist

• trawling around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »
Just checked Discogs, avarage selling price for Vibrasond is $49.60

You sure got some good prices there!

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »
Those are some great deals, especially on the White Rainbow box and the Human Mesh Dance.  8)

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
That's why it always pays to hunt around at used record stores.  I once found a copy of Edgar Froese's "Macula Transfer," the original 70's version on Manikin and worth big bux, for $4.99 (used) in mint condition.  I find lots of people in record stores don't know what stuff's worth because they don't know what it is so they put a sale sticker on it.  Good for me and you!  ;D

darren bergstein

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
hi fernando:

by any chance is the white rainbow box one of the titles you already had? (i'm thinking no.) :)

however, if you are considering selling it, drop me a note, off-forum.

that aside, yes, those are great snags indeed. and agree with drone on completely regarding finding such gems in that old...what are they called?...oh yes, record stores. i've written at great length (both here & elsewhere) about how the very fact that a record store is rapidly becoming a relic of the past speaks volumes about the gradual erosion of art, culture, and even civil commerce, in our society. an absolutely sad state of affairs.

i continue to frequent what shops exist in the metro new york city/new jersey area on a fairly regular basis (other music, generations, downtown music gallery, princeton record exchange, vintage vinyl - that's pretty much it), especially for the types of finds you came across. i certainly want the brick-and-mortars to survive - and my wallet does its part to ensure their survival, believe me!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:20:12 PM by ubikman »
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: eimag@verizon.net

uhurit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 05:41:26 PM »
I am jealous...too bad my nearest sales bin in a record store is about 200 miles away...wait, they don't carry ambient