MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Forum Member Projects News and Promotion

Seren Ffordd Thread

(1/26) > >>

Seren:
Getting Veils, Shadows released on the HSS imprint was a high point for me in 2007. It took a little while to get it together and Mike and Lena were very supportive all the way along. There was a flurry of activity in 2007 with 'Sounds of a Universe', 'Vapours and Magnetism', as well as a couple of tracks submitted for other compilations in other places. There has been some other music created that might see the light of day some time when I get a website sorted - and another full length release on Oophoi's Umbra label.

So all is quiet at the moment, new equipment to get into and explore and a couple of projects bubbling away under the surface waiting for the time to ripen and appear.

Seren:
New release on Umbra: The Quiet Labyrinth

Front cover.

Back cover.

Avaiable from www.deeplistenings.it

drone on:
Hi,
I wanted to let people know who were not aware: Seren Ffordd is not the artist's real name, he's not a Scandinavian dude (a friend of mine calls him Seren Fjord, like those iceberg things!) He is from Wales and Seren Ffordd means "Star Road" in Welsh.  IMHO, this artist is on the cusp of true ambient greatness, his music being infused with an organic, otherworldly sound quality rarely heard these days. Indeed, I place him on the same pedestal as the great Oophoi.  I truly hope he will be recognized sometime soon with an official Hypnos release so as to get his music to a wider audience via radio programs like Stars End, HOS, etc.  I don't think they give CDR releases a chance, which is too bad considering there is so much great stuff on CDR like Seren Ffordd.  The new Umbra release cover is beautiful. Can't wait to hear it!!!

mgriffin:
Hello drone on.  Thanks for your note here about Seren Ffordd.

I agree that this artist's music is very much worth watching, and you should see him appear on the Hypnos label again in the future, not just Veils, Shadows but also the recent compilation Sounds of a Universe Overheard, and also he will be contributing a "soundtrack" piece to the upcoming video DVD Vapors and Magnetism.

Beyond that, we have been in discussions even this week about a new Hypnos Secret Sounds release later this year, and beyond that, I would be receptive to further releases but we'll have to discuss it.  The one release that's currently under discussion actually has to be a CDR release due to the rather unusual nature of the concept, but I won't be the one to spill the beans about that here.

And we just received copies of The Quiet Labyrinth from Umbra to sell on the Hypnos store, as well.

lena:

--- Quote from: drone on on January 22, 2008, 05:54:52 PM ---I truly hope he will be recognized sometime soon with an official Hypnos release so as to get his music to a wider audience via radio programs like Stars End, HOS, etc.  I don't think they give CDR releases a chance, which is too bad considering there is so much great stuff on CDR like Seren Ffordd. 

--- End quote ---

Nah... I only have music on CDRs, & my songs have been played here & there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version