Author Topic: Migrations - an ambient field mix  (Read 2003 times)

Dave Michuda

• View Profile
    • Low Light Mixes
Migrations - an ambient field mix
« on: January 24, 2008, 07:08:22 AM »
I have been interested in doing a mix of field recordings ever since I did the shortwave mix last year. I've been collecting field recordings from various sources & even bought a digital recorder so I could do my own phonography.

I haven't really had the time to seriously record anything but I did manage to squeeze a few of my own things into this new mix.

There is very little proper music in this mix. It's mostly field recordings that I downloaded from sites like Quiet American and SoundTransit. Some of the recordings are from cd's that I own. Most of the music, is music that already has environmental recordings built into the track. I used two tracks from a great cd by Emanuele Errante called "Migrations". A few other tracks came from Geir Jenssen's(Biosphere) "Field Recordings From Tibet". A couple of other cuts came from "Classifields - Trips 6" on Tripostal. I also sneaked some loops into the mix here & there.

Some of my favorite field sounds are trains, so you'll hear various train sounds at different times in the mix. I also like empty train station reverb, so that fades in & out a couple times. The sounds range from a resonant pipe in a rain storm to foghorns to church bells to chanting to arrival anouncements to singing bowls to piano and an open window.

Download...
M i g r a t i o n s  (76.7MB, 42:53)

I hope you enjoy the trip.

Gemini Ambience

• View Profile
Re: Migrations - an ambient field mix
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
Very nice.   :)

I've always been a fan of found-sound collages; and this was mixed at a smooth pace.