Author Topic: Steve Roach at Grace Cathedral  (Read 3296 times)

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
Steve Roach at Grace Cathedral
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
Steve Roach is set to release a double live of his performance at Grace Cathedral. I'm feeling bittersweet about it, as I really want to hear this performance, but I am kicking myself for not having attended. I lived in SF for five years, and the hill and the cathedral were favorite spots to visit on bike rides. I imagine it was an awe inspiring show in that environment. I blew it off cause I didn't want to spend time money to travel back down to California, and am now feeling like I missed out on a rare chance. Anyone see this show?

http://steveroach.com/Music/discography.php?albumID=437

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Steve Roach at Grace Cathedral
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
Yes, I was there.  Was a great concert, in a beautiful setting.  But there wasn't much "new" music in the performance, and more of a "DJ set" of recent discography.  But I will probably buy this release.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:53:38 AM »
I was there, too.  A great show (over 4 hours), and probably my favorite Bay Area show of Steve's so far.

Forrest

dreamin4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »
Steve Roach is set to release a double live of his performance at Grace Cathedral. I'm feeling bittersweet about it, as I really want to hear this performance, but I am kicking myself for not having attended. I lived in SF for five years, and the hill and the cathedral were favorite spots to visit on bike rides. I imagine it was an awe inspiring show in that environment. I blew it off cause I didn't want to spend time money to travel back down to California, and am now feeling like I missed out on a rare chance. Anyone see this show?

http://steveroach.com/Music/discography.php?albumID=437

I too missed out on Steve's performance at the Grace. Having seen the Sausalito's performance the year before and Oakland a few years before the Grace. I decided to skip the Grace concert. I can kick myself for that. But I was lucky enough to be presented with a cdr hard copy of this performance early last year. I will definately buy this cd. Looking forward to Steve's performance in 2010.