Author Topic: Needed a new CD Player. Got an Onkyo.  (Read 1502 times)

ambient789

• View Profile
Needed a new CD Player. Got an Onkyo.
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
Recently, I got one of those Onkyo CD players that have a tray that holds 6 CD's. I had been looking at the brand for some time and because the CD Tray on my all in one stereo was old and acting flaky, I took the plunge and got one. I was able to plug it into my current unit.

I'm fairly happy with it, the only quibbles I have are that the remote has a couple of necessary buttons that are not on the front unit control panel, and programming discs and tracks could be a little easier.

It plays my CD's, MP3 CD's, and CD-R's very well. Also, maybe just because of the newness of it, some of the CD's seem to sparkle with new life!   :)

Seren

• View Profile
Re: Needed a new CD Player. Got an Onkyo.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:34:26 AM »
Onkyo's do appear to be highly regarded.

As to the newness of the music, that might be because you are still in the flush of new gear, or it may have different sonic qualities to your previous player. What were you using before?

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
I've got one of those 6-disk Onkyo units too - I love the sound quality.  Two quibbles:  start-up takes too long, and the "chain" cd feature has to be turned on every time in order to play more than one CD at a time.  Ok, three quibbles - the 6-disk tray means the unit is very deep, so it won't fit in some stands.

Is yours the DVD version?
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

ambient789

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:57:32 PM »
It isn't the DVD version.

The new CD player is plugged into a relatively inexpensive "bookshelf" type audio system that I bought back in 1998. The system has AM/FM digitally tuned radio, dual cassette, and a CD tray that accommodates 3 CD's.