Author Topic: Anyone using Korg Nano's with Ableton Live?  (Read 3287 times)

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
Anyone using Korg Nano's with Ableton Live?
« on: January 15, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »
If you are, what ones? I am thinking of getting the NanoKontrol just for midi mapping the knobs and sliders for something in a compact form. If/when I get back to work I may get the Akai APC40 to work with Live. If I was working I'd get it now with the %15 off one item at GC. Still will consider that though as a present to myself..... But being out of work is making me not do it just yet. I have till end of the month for the discount.

Mike

Blackinfinity

Re: Anyone using Korg Nano's with Ableton Live?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »
Probably work... If you use Novation controllers and are used to automap you will certainly miss it with KORG controllers. Automap is very very nice...  I think I will buy some of the Korg Nano's also in future...they are very affordable.

I use the Novation 61SL MkII which I really can recommend as an controller, it is little bit expensive... and I really would like to add another MkII Zero also so that I have knobs and sliders that covers the whole interface. 

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
The 15% off is for a trade-in/trade-up deal. So I don't know if I have anything I could trade in/trade up for that isn't a guitar and I don't think they'd do that (for the APC40 which is about as much as the Novation and better geared, from what I understand, for Ableton Live use). But the Nano's are cheap and will do some of the job I suppose.

Blackinfinity

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:17:50 PM »

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »
Yeah but no knobs for twiddling. Mainly for just doing clip stuff. I bet it'll be $199.99 when it hits the streets (it is at GC but not till 1/27). Not worth it, I want knobs to twiddle ;-)  so I got an LPD8 today. Will be messing with it hopefully later this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ov3zD59lng

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »
So I may eventually get the nanoKontrol for the knobs/sliders once I get more comfortable with this hardware stuff lol. The LPD8 works ok (exit editor before loading Live as there's some lock on a driver that causes issues when Live is loaded (no output channels mainly was my issue).

Mike

psycherhexic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:22:06 PM »
i have nanokontrol and nanopad. nanopad quite responding.... but hey Korg sent me a BRAND NEW one and i still have the unresponsive one to use as an extra xy pad if the need arises!

the nanokontrol and apc40 are my live rig... I'm still VERY amateur and am basically just dj'n with it and I can do lots of cool tricks this way...... I know some think this type of playing is a disgrace even, but I full heartedly just enjoy it and am constantly trying to evolve into playing my own music, thats just such a big step!!

the lpd8 looks cool man.. i would want 2 of those and an apc40 to have something similar to what i'm useing except even BETTER  ::)