Author Topic: Waldorf Largo  (Read 2415 times)

Blackinfinity

Waldorf Largo
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
From what I have heard, this is the best viritual analog synth right now. The software is based on Waldorf Q, the hardware synth.
I am actually thinking about buying it, I would like to hear more samples and opinions, but from the samples
I have heard the filters sounds not like any other software synth I have heard...they sound very smooth and nice..

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/products/largo/largo_v1_5_0

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/assets/media/largo/largo_rob_lee.mp3

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: Waldorf Largo
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
I have a Q (hardware), but i like my Access Virus a whole lot more.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Blackinfinity

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
I have a Q (hardware), but i like my Access Virus a whole lot more.

I assume you have the Q original version , or the Q+ with analog filters ?
And why do you like your access more ?

After been listening to Fanger & Schönwälder's "Analog Overdose" series
I have been getting into the Waldorf sound a lot...I especially like the atmospheric and warm pads it can create.
And the filters are really unique, it is easy to hear if it is an waldorf I think... very distinctive sound..

Blackinfinity

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »
found this...

Blackinfinity

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
Finally tried it now... not often does a software synth give me such an instant smile on my face.
To play around with the filters is just a pure bliss!
I have never ever heard such vibrant sounding filters...they are really radical and brutal.. they sound both smooth and screamy at the same time...

I really hope the " PPG filter" will be included in 2.0, that is probably the best filter for creating analogue sound... they are included in the Q series.
Anyway..in terms of filters other synth manufactures have really something to learn from Waldorf..the difference is very radical and obvious... just try out the demo
and you will see what I am talking about.

Blackinfinity

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »
I am liking this more and more... Right now this will be my primary software synth for subtractive synthesis...

It sounds so amazing..I really don't think anything on the software market can compare to this... Compared to this Arturias stuff does not sound very exciting...
It sounds dead and boring..compared to the vibrant and organic sound of Largo.  If you ask me Arturia is overrated, they are using others trademark like "moog" and "prophet" and "jupiter"
etc to give us the illusion that they sound just as the hardware ...in fact they sound worlds apart.

I think I will have to buy it after my 30 day demo period is over, the price is good too..